READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - GFX File.

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Strobe

Re: Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - GFX File.

Post by Strobe » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Go ahead! :)

Barubary
ultra-n00b

Post by Barubary » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:14 pm

If you want to extract the e*.dat files (or any file with FPS4 as its header, such as the .EFF files inside some of the e*.dat files), you can use this tool to do so. Just drag&drop any number of files, and it will unpack it into a folder with the same name as the input file (minus extension, or with _dump appended if the input file has no extension).

Some FPS4 files do not contain the data they describe. Drag&drop that file with its accompanying data file to unpack them as well (this is only checked if exactly two files are provided, otherwise it is assumed the data is in the same file). None of the files in the e*.dat files should have this though, although several in topx.dat do.

ShinKun
veteran

Post by ShinKun » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:26 pm

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.

Barubary
ultra-n00b

Post by Barubary » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:12 pm

I have to say that I had no problems when dragging one or multiple files into the .exe. It also extracts the proper amount of files here. Are you sure the folder you are working in has enough write permissions? (I suppose so, as one file did appear)
Does the program give any error messages when you use the command line?
(also, you can download an updated version (same link); it has a bugfix for the paired-file mode)

Also, about the .DS3 files;
The start of the file contains some pointers to the various sections in the file, as well as their lengths. Individual sections can be compressed with any of the built-in compression formats of the NDS (although I've only seen LZ-compressed parts), and each separate cell inside the graphics section can be as well. The most effective way to extract the graphics from these files is probably to figure out the format of the sections beside the palette and graphics (I have to admit I haven't really tried to do so).

Strobe

Post by Strobe » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:16 pm

in some of the files im seeing 8 bit bitmaps without any compression whatsoever.
and in some files im not really sure, its certainly not graphics or sound in all this files. cannot say that i see anything that resembles any kind
of compression so far. but then again, there are many many files.