About the advances in video game graphics. Will it get any b

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
seedhe
ultra-n00b

About the advances in video game graphics. Will it get any b

Post by seedhe » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Did you ever think graphics would become as good as they are nowadays? Where do you think it will go from here? Do you think at one point computer graphics will be indistinguishable from the real world and do you think this would be a good thing?

Personally, I am quite baffled and remember back in the day that I never expected this level of detail at all. I remember playing Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within way back. I loved it (for many reasons) but one reason was the live actors really drawing me in because, well, they were real. I remember playing Gabriel Knight 3 after that and hating it because the 3d characters looked so hideous. Games were all moving towards 3d back then and I hated it. I have always loved story and character driven games and I remember thinking to myself these types of games would be forever spoiled for me because clearly, 3d characters would never look as real as actual actors.

Puterboy1
veteran

Re: About the advances in video game graphics. Will it get a

Post by Puterboy1 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:09 am

seedhe wrote:Did you ever think graphics would become as good as they are nowadays? Where do you think it will go from here? Do you think at one point computer graphics will be indistinguishable from the real world and do you think this would be a good thing?

Personally, I am quite baffled and remember back in the day that I never expected this level of detail at all. I remember playing Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within way back. I loved it (for many reasons) but one reason was the live actors really drawing me in because, well, they were real. I remember playing Gabriel Knight 3 after that and hating it because the 3d characters looked so hideous. Games were all moving towards 3d back then and I hated it. I have always loved story and character driven games and I remember thinking to myself these types of games would be forever spoiled for me because clearly, 3d characters would never look as real as actual actors.
If the film adaptation of Ready Player One is that believeable, graphics may finally master the art of photorealism.