*.bimage and *.dct - Wolfenstein TNO and TOB - need help

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Koralan
n00b

*.bimage and *.dct - Wolfenstein TNO and TOB - need help

Post by Koralan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm extracted files from both Wolfenstein TNO and TOB by using Unpakke (Or this is not a right method and there is a better one?) in order to get original in-game textures. Next, I tried to use Noesis scripts by Acewell TOB script + TNO script.

I moved the scripts into noesis436\plugins\python and tried to open .bimage files , using Noesis, but got "file could not be previewed" message.

I ask somebody to help me and explain - that I have done wrong? I'm not a computer type and easily could made some silly mistakes, which are not so obvious to me.

Also I extracted *.dct files, which, I think, are in-game concepts, but I have no idea on how to open them and will be very grateful for any help with them.

P.S. I already wrote about this problem, but I afraid - not in the right section of the website, so, I made a topic in "Graphic file formats".
P.P.S. Sorry for any grammatical mistakes in post - I'm not a native speaker and only learning the language.

Hoping for help,
Koralan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Re: *.bimage and *.dct - Wolfenstein TNO and TOB - need help

Post by Acewell » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:24 pm

your bimage samples are empty, no data, and the dct file has what looks
like a jpeg header, maybe try change the extension and see what you get. :D

Koralan
n00b

Re: *.bimage and *.dct - Wolfenstein TNO and TOB - need help

Post by Koralan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:08 pm

Acewell wrote:your bimage samples are empty, no data, and the dct file has what looks
like a jpeg header, maybe try change the extension and see what you get. :D
Thank you very much! The problem was in the fact, that Unpakke extracts only *.index files, but there is no textures at all. I found a way to extract *.resources, and used your script on them, and get results!

But, as it turned out, I was not right from the beginnig - the main mass of textures is stored in *.pages files, not in the *.index or even *.resources. In *.resources I found only several texture files.

After yet another searching on forums, I discovered a topic with a program called "vtex". I disabled the ASLR, like was said in thread, but I'm afraid, that I misunderstand the part with "reloaded exe". I downloaded the "reloaded exe", replaced the original one in the game directory, put there vtex and tried to type in cmd the following:

D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\vtex.exe D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\virtualtextures\chunk1_vmtr.pages D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\

I got the "extracting..." message and... nothing. What I have done wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.