Valkyrie Anatomia .txp

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Valkyrie Anatomia .txp

Post by akderebur » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:20 pm

I am looking at the textures from a mobile game called Valkyrie Anatomia, but I couldn't find the image format used. .txp textures all have the "GLTP" (0x5) tag near the beginning, followed by image width and height (2 bytes each). There is also the texture name at 0x30. I don't know what other values in the header should mean. Texture names have ".tga" in them, so these might actually be targa images. Still file names can be deceiving :D

I am hoping someone more experienced can take a look. I have attached 2 .txp samples.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Re: Valkyrie Anatomia .txp

Post by Acewell » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:22 am

i almost want to say these samples are crunch compressed but with a custom header,
though i'm not really familiar with what square-enix does to their mobile game graphics. :(

akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Valkyrie Anatomia .txp

Post by akderebur » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:22 pm

I haven't thought of crunch at all. I will check out the library to learn how I can use it. Thanks for the info.

Edit : Looks like KTX format can also use crunch compression. So these might also be ETC/ETC2 with crunch. I have seen ETC textures in other Square games.

The custom header doesn't make it easier too. I think I will try to understand the header first. There might be offsets/sizes for mip map data, because the header is larger for higher resolution textures. Also possibly some flags for the format used.