Page 1 of 1

.oodl FONT File

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:59 pm
by Qnoops
Hi, anyone knows how can i edit this file?

https://www92.zippyshare.com/v/Okwyuh6F/file.html

Re: .oodl FONT File

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:01 am
by Scobalula
This file is actually Oodle compressed data, the oodl extension and magic, and "KRKN" (Oodle Kraken) give it away. With the 16 byte header, you also have 2 ints, decompressed and compressed sizes, data can then be passed to Oodle for decompression.

I didn't really look at the raw data, it appears to have file names at the beginning, the data looked very much DDS so after removing them and generating a DXT5 header I got this:

Image

Re: .oodl FONT File

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 am
by Qnoops
Scobalula wrote:This file is actually Oodle compressed data, the oodl extension and magic, and "KRKN" (Oodle Kraken) give it away. With the 16 byte header, you also have 2 ints, decompressed and compressed sizes, data can then be passed to Oodle for decompression.

I didn't really look at the raw data, it appears to have file names at the beginning, the data looked very much DDS so after removing them and generating a DXT5 header I got this:

Image
Yeah can you please explain with a little detail how did you decompressed it? Which tools did u used?

Also can you extract that too please, https://www9.zippyshare.com/v/POgrXPK1/file.html

Re: .oodl FONT File

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:45 am
by Scobalula
Qnoops wrote:
Scobalula wrote:This file is actually Oodle compressed data, the oodl extension and magic, and "KRKN" (Oodle Kraken) give it away. With the 16 byte header, you also have 2 ints, decompressed and compressed sizes, data can then be passed to Oodle for decompression.

I didn't really look at the raw data, it appears to have file names at the beginning, the data looked very much DDS so after removing them and generating a DXT5 header I got this:

Image
Yeah can you please explain with a little detail how did you decompressed it? Which tools did u used?

Also can you extract that too please, https://www9.zippyshare.com/v/POgrXPK1/file.html
To perform the Oodle decompression you need the DLL, which should be shipped with the game if it uses it. As for using it, I have a basic wrapper based off DTZxPorter's SirenLib here for C#:

https://github.com/Scobalula/PhilLibX/b ... n/Oodle.cs

His lib:

https://github.com/dtzxporter/Siren/

That file seems to contain different data, file names, small integers at the beginning, etc.

Here is a tool to decompress the files, just drag and drop them onto the exe, it can take multiple:

https://mega.nz/#!YmRURIgb!3lEFfth6JfEO ... tUl7uHmvIA

Re: .oodl FONT File

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:03 pm
by Qnoops
Scobalula wrote:
Qnoops wrote:
Scobalula wrote:This file is actually Oodle compressed data, the oodl extension and magic, and "KRKN" (Oodle Kraken) give it away. With the 16 byte header, you also have 2 ints, decompressed and compressed sizes, data can then be passed to Oodle for decompression.

I didn't really look at the raw data, it appears to have file names at the beginning, the data looked very much DDS so after removing them and generating a DXT5 header I got this:

Image
Yeah can you please explain with a little detail how did you decompressed it? Which tools did u used?

Also can you extract that too please, https://www9.zippyshare.com/v/POgrXPK1/file.html
To perform the Oodle decompression you need the DLL, which should be shipped with the game if it uses it. As for using it, I have a basic wrapper based off DTZxPorter's SirenLib here for C#:

https://github.com/Scobalula/PhilLibX/b ... n/Oodle.cs

His lib:

https://github.com/dtzxporter/Siren/

That file seems to contain different data, file names, small integers at the beginning, etc.

Here is a tool to decompress the files, just drag and drop them onto the exe, it can take multiple:

https://mega.nz/#!YmRURIgb!3lEFfth6JfEO ... tUl7uHmvIA
Thank you for compiled decompressor. Can you provide a compressor so i can make my own font?

By the way this exe creating .oodl.decompressed file, how can i turn it to a editable file? I tried to make it .dds but still can't view or edit it

Re: .oodl FONT File

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:08 pm
by Scobalula
Qnoops wrote: Thank you for compiled decompressor. Can you provide a compressor so i can make my own font?

By the way this exe creating .oodl.decompressed file, how can i turn it to a editable file? I tried to make it .dds but still can't view or edit it
You'll need to reverse the structure of the data, I can only take you so far. As for a compressor, you'll need to write one. :D

Re: .oodl FONT File

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:06 pm
by Qnoops
Scobalula wrote:
Qnoops wrote: Thank you for compiled decompressor. Can you provide a compressor so i can make my own font?

By the way this exe creating .oodl.decompressed file, how can i turn it to a editable file? I tried to make it .dds but still can't view or edit it
You'll need to reverse the structure of the data, I can only take you so far. As for a compressor, you'll need to write one. :D

Well, RIP me then : D, thanks!