Dishonored 2 models and textures

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Dishonored 2 models and textures

Post by volfin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:08 pm

MommoXX wrote:
volfin wrote:Ok, the model importer is functional, so I'll release. but there's a lot of caveats:

A) No skeleton or bone weight support at this time. (I am having trouble working out the weighting part).
B) Solved
C) models are broken up into a lot of parts, and positions aren't stored in the model files (uncertain, more research needed) So you'll have to move all the parts around to fit them together.

The good news is, Multiple models per file and multiple materials per model is supported, as is the two UV maps each model has (some duplicate the UV on both channels, but some, especially the main characters do have different UVs on each channel. I expect this is for effects like texturing and dirt/normal to be on separately laid out maps. But I have not looked into this in depth)
Also, this importer supports two model formats the game uses Bmd6model, and bmodel. should load either with no problem.

Example:

Multiple Material zones as defined in-game

All the parts with textures (I frankly don't know where all the gears go LOL)

The parts were found in these various directories:
Base Model: Pack 1\generated\basemodel\models\characters\mech\clockwork
Wooden Armor parts: Pack 1\generated\model\models\characters\mech\clockwork\breakables
Gears and Guts: Pack 1\generated\model\models\characters\mech\clockwork\wheels
Textures were all in: Pack 1\generated\image\models\characters\mech\clockwork\textures

Edit: Head parts are in the root of the extraction directory, Named like this: "nocloth_f_str_alexi_head_6381dc2474fd3c558dde926c5129fcad.bmd6model" for Alexi model.

Additionally, it seems like a lot of small parts to models are in the 'voidresourcecache' folder.

So that's the basic arrangement for assets.

If you come across any model files that produce an error, let me know the model name and location and I'll see what I can do about fixing.

Oh yeah I should add, importer is for Blender 2.70 and above, and if you need to know how to install, see my previous tutorial here:
viewtopic.php?p=103131#p103131

Enjoy.

Edit: new version below.
Okay.. how to import skeleton? Your script can import only meshes.
Read point A).

MommoXX
ultra-n00b

Post by MommoXX » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:15 pm

volfin wrote:
MommoXX wrote:
volfin wrote:Ok, the model importer is functional, so I'll release. but there's a lot of caveats:

A) No skeleton or bone weight support at this time. (I am having trouble working out the weighting part).
B) Solved
C) models are broken up into a lot of parts, and positions aren't stored in the model files (uncertain, more research needed) So you'll have to move all the parts around to fit them together.

The good news is, Multiple models per file and multiple materials per model is supported, as is the two UV maps each model has (some duplicate the UV on both channels, but some, especially the main characters do have different UVs on each channel. I expect this is for effects like texturing and dirt/normal to be on separately laid out maps. But I have not looked into this in depth)
Also, this importer supports two model formats the game uses Bmd6model, and bmodel. should load either with no problem.

Example:

Wooden Armor parts: Pack 1\generated\model\models\characters\mech\clockwork\breakables
Textures were all in: Pack 1\generated\image\models\characters\mech\clockwork\textures

Edit: Head parts are in the root of the extraction directory, Named like this: "nocloth_f_str_alexi_head_6381dc2474fd3c558dde926c5129fcad.bmd6model" for Alexi model.

Additionally, it seems like a lot of small parts to models are in the 'voidresourcecache' folder.

If you come across any model files that produce an error, let me know the model name and location and I'll see what I can do about fixing.

Oh yeah I should add, importer is for Blender 2.70 and above, and if you need to know how to install, see my previous tutorial here:

Enjoy.

Read point A).
So will you solve it?

MommoXX
ultra-n00b

Post by MommoXX » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:18 pm

volfin wrote:
MommoXX wrote:

B) Solved

Example:

Enjoy.

Read point A).
If you have extracted files from Dishonored 2, can you give me Corvo's textures? Cuz it will take time to unpack that BIG (7gb) package. (Just some guy send model, skeleton and anims of Corvo)

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:25 pm

MommoXX wrote:So will you solve it?
Probably not, I haven't messed with it for over a year now, and I don't even have the game/files installed anymore.

MommoXX
ultra-n00b

Post by MommoXX » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:56 pm

volfin wrote:
Probably not, I haven't messed with it for over a year now, and I don't even have the game/files installed anymore.
But I don't understand how to extract game files (.resources).. Help me.

MommoXX
ultra-n00b

Post by MommoXX » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:59 pm

MommoXX wrote:
volfin wrote:
But I don't understand how to extract game files (.resources).. Help me.
Oh. Wait, I will do something. If i won't got it - I will tell you.

MommoXX
ultra-n00b

Post by MommoXX » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:30 pm

volfin wrote:
Do you know which file contains textures?
Upd. If someone can't find textures - it's in game1.resources and game2.resources.

ceephax
ultra-n00b

Post by ceephax » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:32 am

Guys, can't find the attachment for the model importer.:((( Send me the link please

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:20 pm

ceephax wrote:Guys, can't find the attachment for the model importer.:((( Send me the link please
it's in the second post on page 3

ceephax
ultra-n00b

Post by ceephax » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:29 pm

volfin wrote:
ceephax wrote:Guys, can't find the attachment for the model importer.:((( Send me the link please
it's in the second post on page 3
Thank you very much!!
Sorry for the noob question, but i've installed "Addon from file", and searched different names - bmd, io, dishonored - and can't find it in the list. What is the name of the importer?