READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Post Reply
romaw
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by romaw » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Hello everyone.
there are files of the game MasterRallye 2001 in the format - example 2dtree2-tga.dxt renaming nothing does not, plug-ins do not open in Photoshop
search nothing useful https://www.google.com/search?hl=ru&sou ... ogle&gbv=2
DXTbmp nothing useful
dxt2dss viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1812&hilit=DXT2DDS&start=75 http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/Game_Tools#DXT2DDS fails to start error on win xp
http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2 ... dxt#p16510 here the same file but it is not clear how to open...
Microsoft DirectX SDK nothing useful ...
http://www.nvidia.com/object/real-time- ... .html#ref4 nothing useful ...
https://sourceforge.net/directory/os:windows/?q=dxt nothing useful ...
what else can you use to open the file?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member
Posts: 1261
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 2380 times
Been thanked: 729 times

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by Acewell » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:07 pm

your sample is 128x128 rgba32 image with a 20 byte header, the 2nd integer might be format and the 4th and 5th integers are width and height :D
if you can upload more varying samples i will assemble a Noesis python script.

romaw
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by romaw » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:46 pm

AceWell wrote:your sample is 128x128 rgba32 image with a 20 byte header, the 2nd integer might be format and the 4th and 5th integers are width and height :D
if you can upload more varying samples i will assemble a Noesis python script.
archive texture has a size of 300 megabytes, attached in the first message has a link to the game and read me file

if you don't have access to utorrent, I can attachment to cloud disk
https://yadi.sk/d/ESfHCfN8wdyPn

there is still a file ".DX" with the 3d model in the attachment

User avatar
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member
Posts: 1261
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 2380 times
Been thanked: 729 times

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by Acewell » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:49 pm

here is the Noesis python script to open the dxt textures :D
tex_MasterRallye2001_dxt.zip
supports bgra32 image data
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

romaw
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by romaw » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:14 pm

AceWell wrote:here is the Noesis python script to open the dxt textures :D
tex_MasterRallye2001_dxt.zip
supports bgra32 image data
but back in the format dxt?

User avatar
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member
Posts: 1261
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 2380 times
Been thanked: 729 times

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by Acewell » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:02 pm

the image data looks the same as a tga, it just has a custom header. you can use Noesis to open
the dxt texture you want to modify and export as tga then modify the texture and save it as tga
and overwrite the 18 byte tga header with the 20 byte dxt header from the original dxt file. (maybe) :D

romaw
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by romaw » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:21 pm

AceWell wrote:the image data looks the same as a tga, it just has a custom header. you can use Noesis to open
the dxt texture you want to modify and export as tga then modify the texture and save it as tga
and overwrite the 18 byte tga header with the 20 byte dxt header from the original dxt file. (maybe) :D
you do not understand,I exported the file to tga and edit in photoshop,but as back to the dxt format? no output my format
Image

User avatar
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member
Posts: 1261
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 2380 times
Been thanked: 729 times

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by Acewell » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:34 pm

romaw wrote:you do not understand,I exported the file to tga and edit in photoshop,but as back to the dxt format? no output my format
no you do not understand, there is no tga to dxt plugin to my knowledge. (:
i say you how to take your modified image data and turn it back into the dxt format by hand.
dxt is just tga with a custom header and file naming convention, just restore the original header and file name.

anyway, game modding is not my area, i just like converting from game formats and not to them
so i can not help you further here. :D

romaw
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by romaw » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:28 pm

AceWell wrote:
romaw wrote:you do not understand,I exported the file to tga and edit in photoshop,but as back to the dxt format? no output my format
no you do not understand, there is no tga to dxt plugin to my knowledge. (:
i say you how to take your modified image data and turn it back into the dxt format by hand.
dxt is just tga with a custom header and file naming convention, just restore the original header and file name.

anyway, game modding is not my area, i just like converting from game formats and not to them
so i can not help you further here. :D
I found the Converter in the desired format,but the converted image doesn't open
https://quickandeasysoftware.net/?s=.dxt other format?


as it turned out it noesisv40953 does not open to convert the file after MISE_Image_Converter_1.1
but the game supports it, problem solved thank you all

kovaloid
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:30 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by kovaloid » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:55 am

AceWell, Hi!
I'm trying to get resources from this game too... (yeah, I know that the yard is almost 2018 XD)
Can you please look at .dx model format here, maybe it will look familiar to you and you'll be able to say something about it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsy8qkctxd5w2 ... M.zip?dl=1 - Sample level without textures
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dbj6fa8lesi4 ... a.zip?dl=1 - Car model with textures

User avatar
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member
Posts: 1261
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 2380 times
Been thanked: 729 times

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by Acewell » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:29 am

i don't know about the dx models, i never looked at them, maybe post a thread in 2d/3d models to get more attention?
but all your texture samples work with my script posted above so all is good there. :D

romaw
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by romaw » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:00 pm

kovaloid wrote:AceWell, Hi!
I'm trying to get resources from this game too... (yeah, I know that the yard is almost 2018 XD)
Can you please look at .dx model format here, maybe it will look familiar to you and you'll be able to say something about it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsy8qkctxd5w2 ... M.zip?dl=1 - Sample level without textures
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dbj6fa8lesi4 ... a.zip?dl=1 - Car model with textures
DirectX 8.1 SDK - Final Release I remember there were tools to convert some 3d format


now I have all new textures, if you're interested then write in the topic that I would share

Joel RD
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by Joel RD » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:42 pm

Still love this game, I'm interested to see what modification could be done

Joel RD
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by Joel RD » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:48 pm

romaw wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:00 pm
kovaloid wrote:AceWell, Hi!
I'm trying to get resources from this game too... (yeah, I know that the yard is almost 2018 XD)
Can you please look at .dx model format here, maybe it will look familiar to you and you'll be able to say something about it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsy8qkctxd5w2 ... M.zip?dl=1 - Sample level without textures
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dbj6fa8lesi4 ... a.zip?dl=1 - Car model with textures
DirectX 8.1 SDK - Final Release I remember there were tools to convert some 3d format


now I have all new textures, if you're interested then write in the topic that I would share
I would like them please!

romaw
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: game MasterRallye 2001 "filename"-tga.dxt

Post by romaw » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:04 pm

Joel RD wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:48 pm
romaw wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:00 pm
kovaloid wrote:AceWell, Hi!
I'm trying to get resources from this game too... (yeah, I know that the yard is almost 2018 XD)
Can you please look at .dx model format here, maybe it will look familiar to you and you'll be able to say something about it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsy8qkctxd5w2 ... M.zip?dl=1 - Sample level without textures
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dbj6fa8lesi4 ... a.zip?dl=1 - Car model with textures
DirectX 8.1 SDK - Final Release I remember there were tools to convert some 3d format


now I have all new textures, if you're interested then write in the topic that I would share
I would like them please!
hi, read this is tread https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ ... ic.156939/
and http://dgmag.in/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1901 (Russian language)
full game with new texture over 4gb space disk ,
https://www.old-games.ru/game/download/7124.html

Post Reply