The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

Demon's Souls .TPF

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
TehDave
advanced

Demon's Souls .TPF

Post by TehDave » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:25 am

A maxscript for Demon's Souls recently got uploaded, unfortunately, there still isn't anything that can extract texture files from the specific TPF containers this game uses. I tried the tools for other Fromsoft games like Dark Souls, but they do not work with Demon's Souls TPFs.

Here's a sample of a TPF from the game, it's pretty different from Dark Souls as far as I can tell.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjao0srw99ob3 ... 0.tpf?dl=0

Gh0stBlade

Re: Demon's Souls .TPF

Post by Gh0stBlade » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:09 pm

The files look fine to me. Looks like standard DDS DXT1 only. I wrote a unpacker but you can just view them in Noesis using the script below.

Anyway you can grab the Noesis importer here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Click the thanks button if I helped!

TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:38 am

Thanks, this helps a lot. I guess the TPFs are different depending on what platform the game is built for.

Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:13 pm

TehDave wrote:Thanks, this helps a lot. I guess the TPFs are different depending on what platform the game is built for.
They are probably the same. If you mean PC then you can just try Endian little instead of Endian big.

TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:35 am

So I noticed an issue with certain textures in some TPFs, it seems like some textures with alpha can't be read or exported properly, they appear corrupted when exported.

Here's an example of a TPF that has these textures, it seems like the script is reading the alpha of some textures as a separate file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9ih54op6kzvk ... 0.tpf?dl=0

Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:41 am

I didn't have enough samples... But as expected there are multiple DDS types. Easy fix just try the new script!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mrsmallbee
ultra-n00b

Post by mrsmallbee » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:19 pm

the python module could not be initialized.this may be due to the fact that you're running noesis on unicode path,where mbcs is the default filesystem encoding.

how to fix it?