i tested it out and the BGRA<->RGBA works perfectly
didnt test the palette size yet, but im pretty sure it works just fine too anyway
here's a decoded file against an in-game screenshot:
this'll be hopefully all i need regarding the basic image format.
now all my issues are with those alpha channeled images that make no sense whatsoever.
im gonna start doing testing with them starting tomorrow. (been having a rough week so im just gonna get to bed
can't thank you enough though, the graphics were pretty much the go or no-go of my project, whatever else i can pretty much go around or through with
i'll keep you updated regarding what else i find, but im not quite sure the format itself holds any more secrets on itself.
the tile layout data for the renders and whatnot is propably just located elsewhere.
edit: oh great, my site is down (again)
it's been shit for a while now so if images dont display, they'll come back eventually.
edit2: well, decoding the picture with a palette size of 16 works great too (it imports it correctly) but another issue came up with it.
a picture using 16 color palette seems to have a different imagestructure alltogether.
i did some calculations and an image with resolution of 512x512 would take 2048 tiles (32x64 16x8pixel tiles) which in data would be 0x40000. but the image i have at hand is only 0x20000 in size.
i got it to somewhat display, but it's not exactly correct. The decoder aligns it right but it becomes a mess since trying to use 512x512 as resolution is not possible since it goes way over the filesize.
also, the TGA header needs to be modified for the 16-color images.
0001 0100 0000 0120
0000 0000 8001 8001
0001 0100 0010 0020
0000 0000 0001 0001
edit3: disregard. Problem solved. TPLencdec updated. (no 16-color encode support yet.)
started versioning the code to keep track of it now, i have like 20 different versions and no clue what is what