READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Extracting Audio from Hitman Absolution

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
ninearts
ultra-n00b

Re: Extracting Audio from Hitman Absolution

Post by ninearts » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 pm

@ kilik I've recently found out, to my surprise, that we are in the same boat. I mean I started encountering the same problem as you. FMOD designer crashes on rebuild. I got pissed and decided to look for the root of this problem. What I have ascertained is that some of the extracted FSB5 banks are causing the designer to crash. It must be something with their structure that they cannot be rebuilt by "force software method" (drag and drop into events).

How did I get to it? Well after failed rebuilt I checked the folder .fsbcache inside program's main directory. Once you do the rebuild .fobj files are created in that folder. If you look at their sizes and notice a file with 0kb size it means that this is a file that cannot be rebuilt.
So I went on with deleting those files from the events list and wavebank and try rebuilding. I had a list of nearly 200 sounds and found 20 that were bad eggs.
I'm definitely going to try a workaround for these.

I have also found out that most of the extracted banks have Vorbis compression. Rebuilding with MP3 compression type gave me best results (some of the files - mainly dialogs - sounded distorted and slomo when I used PCM compression)

@kangmin

I've prepared a package of all nifty sounds, including the one you are talking about. I will upload them in the afternoon, right now I'm at work :D

here's the package: http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/66022606/file.html

You will find some of the songs here too. (I set the Waikiki Inn tune as my waking alarm haha)
"Reality check"
Hitman Audio Tools

20Bucks
ultra-n00b

Post by 20Bucks » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:02 pm

Hey, can someone upload a folder with all the audio files extracted? (.fsb, .wav or .mp3, either way its fine).

I have tried using the script with MultiEx, QuickBMS, QuickBMS not updated, the script in text form and in .bms form but I just can't do it. Either it doesn't work and it has a error or it only extracts 1/10th of the files, its really frustrating.

ninearts
ultra-n00b

Post by ninearts » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:00 am

Here's my new brainchild:

I have recoded the script in C#. That should help you a lot:

http://goomoonryong.strefa.pl/extractor/HMAaudio.exe

Best wishes,

ninearts
"Reality check"
Hitman Audio Tools

ninearts
ultra-n00b

Post by ninearts » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:19 am

killer7 wrote:
ninearts wrote:I've also found out that themes are split into segments, which are of random length. The only thing that remains constant for them is the overlap of 0.4 sec. I used Adobe Audition to put the pcm wav segments together and applied 0.2 sec wave in (except 1 segment) and 0.4 wave out (except last segment). The result caressed my ears LOL. No pops no cracks during play :))
I did all manually, it was quite a mastodontic job. I created scripts for waving in and out, but couldn't come up with an idea of batch processing more of this splendid stuff.
Some news?
I managed to create a small program "Hitman Concats" that merges all the segments.
Well, here it is:
http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.php/to ... try1603292

Hope you like it.
"Reality check"
Hitman Audio Tools

41hc1
beginner

Post by 41hc1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:23 am

-

xuu
ultra-n00b

Post by xuu » Sun May 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Last edited by xuu on Fri May 17, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zeaofsuos
n00b

Post by zeaofsuos » Thu May 09, 2019 9:23 pm

The Hitman Audio Tool website from ninearts is inactive and the link leads to a new domain news website and I don't see any other tools to use for the Hitman Games. Anyone still active on here?