READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Prototype

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
geevious
advanced

Prototype

Post by geevious » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:07 pm

I did some research on the new prototype game and came across the game's format of .Rcf files. To which I found the scarfaceexplorer program works wonders on, extracts just fine. Problem is, it extracts .p3d files which are completely useless to me cause I cannot find a player/decoder/converter to hear the sounds. Anyone know of anything out there that could make these p3d files playable or even converted?

I've attached one of the files for a reference.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Prototype

Post by OrangeC » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:18 am

This game uses voxware music system, i don't think there any appz for it, one would have to create a vox header for these types of files.

geevious
advanced

Post by geevious » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:58 am

There is a codec out there, that voxware released in feb 2008 but even with that and using some of the audio programs I've got and recently downloaded trials or freeware. The codec doesn't recognize the file nor does changing the extension to .vox and then running it in a raw mode to change the frequency. Any coders or wise people know of any solutions for this file extension?

OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:44 pm

Well problem is that these vox files are headerkless, like is aid no appz will read them because this is s aspcial voxware one would have to write e header for EACH file, every header is deifferent for eatch file, and decode with towav which ya can find easily.

Rheini

Post by Rheini » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Those files seem to be containers themselves.
They may contain vox audio data, movie subtitles, ..., even shader data.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pepper
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Pepper » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:08 pm

DerPlaya78 wrote:just to let you know: i figured out the format of the sound files:

the raw sound data is stored as intel/dvi adpcm

Files which contain audio data have this format:

…header data…
FourCC = ‘RADP’
uint Channels
uint SampleRate
uint unk
uint Length

then follow blocks of 20 bytes each:

struct block {
short[2] // [0] = index, [1] = sample
byte[16] // codes
}

for multichannel files these blocks are interleaved.

i will post something more soon…
I like how you guys always jump to the conclusion something is headerless voxware if it's tricky.

Kataah
beginner

Post by Kataah » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:45 pm

Not sure about voxware (i was not able to decode the stream) but its of course an adpcm variation

Drossel
ultra-n00b

Post by Drossel » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Pretty bizarre I google the exact same thing for the exact same game and this pops up. I got as far as the p3d's but I'm stumped now. I have a friend who's working on it for me, if he finds anything I'll be happy to share. I hope someone can eventually lend a hand in this as I would love to have all the CG movies and all the dialogue for this game ^.^

duncanmackirik
ultra-n00b

Post by duncanmackirik » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:06 pm

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.

Kataah
beginner

Post by Kataah » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:53 pm

Wow great thx a lot duncanmackirik

cryogen
n00b

Post by cryogen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi, first of all I'd like to thanks the cretor and the uploader of the extractor and the converter, anyway I found something not working good...
I explain better, I extracted and converted many sounds from prototype(really a bad job without the possibility of convert group of files instead of 1by1, I had to create some batch files, anyway this is not the point...)but they don't convert well some files.
They are located inside "01audio.rcf" and are the mb the mnis and the nis files(inside 01audio.rcf : "mb_3_1_1_mix.p3d", "mnis_4_3_1_mix.p3d" and "nis0-3a_mix.p3d" just to name a few).
Well these files cannot be converted properly by radp2wav, it creates the wav file from the radp file(the extraction from p3d files works well)but
that wave cannot be played(I use Wavelab it say it can't reproduce the file but it's a normal wave).
I repeat I extracted other waves from prototype and they work but the files I specified don't.
(I think those radp files are encoded differently from the others)
any ideas?

Andrew

geevious
advanced

Post by geevious » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Thanks for the tools!!

Is there any known shortcuts in dos that I can use to convert all .radp to .wav's? going through every file manually is a pain.

mikehood
advanced

Post by mikehood » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:24 am

do you help to find "wav2radp.exe" ?

WrappedInBlack
ultra-n00b

Post by WrappedInBlack » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:52 pm

Sooo.... if any of you guys still use this site can you post up a converter for p3d files? It says the other post was removed and I need a converter for Prototype 2.

bxaimc
advanced

Post by bxaimc » Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Ok, so we added P3D (RADP) support to vgmstream ages ago (when I ripped all three (PS3, 360, PC) back in 09). x360 version uses XMA (use VGMToolbox with ToWav and XMASH), and PS3 is Interleaved MP3 (not supported by anything at the moment). Should work for both Prototype games.