READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

UbiSoft Audio Stream Decoder

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: UbiSoft Audio Stream Decoder

Post by OrangeC » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:36 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5O04O8XH

I have a problem with this file.

Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:50 am

OrangeC wrote:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5O04O8XH

I have a problem with this file.
It doesn't have a header, that's all. Add "-i 96 --input-type ubi_raw" without the quotes to the command line and it should work. Also, that tool to add the header should work.
And I said, "The well has finally run dry." So then that will be my battle cry.

OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:07 am

thx zench.

iservealot
ultra-n00b

Post by iservealot » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:17 am

Zench wrote:
iservealot wrote:Really Really Really love your tool. Can't thank you enough for developing this. I was looking at some of the Splinter Cell games attempting to figure out how to extract OGG Vorbis information out of it.
I'm glad you found it useful :D

Alright, this is what I know about how the Splinter Cell games interact with the actual sounds. From the original game to Double Agent the offsets/sizes and in some cases filenames are stored in .SM0 or .LM0 files, which also store sounds (that weren't meant to be streamed). Conviction uses something different that I haven't really looked at.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that each sound (as specified in the .SM0/.LM0 file) has a resource ID that is referred to by a (possibly more than one) .UAX file. You can open these .UAX files in Game Extractor to get the contents. I'm not exactly sure what it's used for. It's been a while since I've looked at these files, which aren't as important as the .SM0/.LM0 files.

So your best bet in replacing sounds in the original through Double Agent would be to edit the MAPS.SM0 file for sounds and MAPS.LM0 for voices. Actually if you didn't change the length of the sound, you wouldn't even need to do that. Simply replace the data in the .SS0 file. I should mention that each game is a little bit different when it comes to audio, so creating a general sort of repacker would be harder than creating one for a particular game.

At the bottom I've attached something that might help you. It is an encoder for the sort of ADPCM that UbiSoft uses in the Splinter Cell series and some other games. Usage should be self explanatory.
Thanks again! I'll take a look at the tool over the weekend. Should really help with what I'm looking to do.
If you don't mind me asking, what made you so interested in the Ubisoft packaging of sounds? Any close ties to Ubisoft?

Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:25 pm

iservealot wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what made you so interested in the Ubisoft packaging of sounds? Any close ties to Ubisoft?
I don't mind at all. I don't have any ties with UbiSoft, except that I play some of their games and explore their data formats. :)

I guess that when I like a game, I want to explore its data and usually rip the music from it, and I like the Splinter Cell series. UbiSoft uses similar data formats for its game audio, so I keep updating my tool with the help of others at this forum to support the other games.

AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

non-working file from Splinter Cell: Conviction (PC version)

Post by AlphaTwentyThree » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:21 pm

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)

AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by AlphaTwentyThree » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:00 pm

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)

Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Will do 8)

AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by AlphaTwentyThree » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanks for your efforts, Zench. :)

AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by AlphaTwentyThree » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Re: non-working file from Splinter Cell: Conviction (PC version)

Post by Zench » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:32 am

AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by AlphaTwentyThree » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:16 pm

bmn

Post by bmn » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:29 am

wuixntx
beginner

Post by wuixntx » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Is there any advance?

It'll be good for me to use this tools for splinter cell series and assassin's creed 1.

Is it possible to extract sound files from forge format?