The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

Tony Hawk's Project 8 .XMA Files

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
ENunn
ultra-n00b

Tony Hawk's Project 8 .XMA Files

Post by ENunn » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:03 pm

I've been trying to convert these audio files from the 360 version of Project 8 and for the life of me I can't get it working.

I initially extracted the file from an .fsb archive that the game uses with FSB Extractor. It extracted correctly and wrote a WAVE header.

FFMPEG detects the file as a "adpcm_ima_wav"

For the conversion to .wav, I tried QuickBMS with the XMA transform script and it threw me up this error:

Code: Select all

No XMA code found at designated offset (20).  Aborting all operations.
I tried vgmstream, nothing happens. Then I use VGMGUI, a vgmstream GUI, and it threw me this:

Tried ToWav, nothing happens at all.

Anyone know how to convert this? Here's a sample.
https://mega.nz/file/3oNwiT6I#aoCMH2f_r ... dyrms-z0qM

DKDave
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Tony Hawk's Project 8 .XMA Files

Post by DKDave » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:24 pm

It looks to me that there's a couple of issues with the .wav file:

Firstly, the codec is listed as 0x69 - it should be 0x165 for XMA, which is why you get "XMA code not found" error.
Secondly, the header is shorter than it should be - for XMA the header should be 0x3c bytes, where the audio data starts.

I can play the audio with a .txth file, so it's definitely XMA.

Did you extract the files from an archive first? If so, could you upload it, unless it's too big.

EDIT: Just noticed you mentioned an FSB archive - you should be able to drop that archive straight into Foobar and it should play with the vgmstream plugin.
"Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable, immutable. But that's not all there is to life." - Dr. Naomi Hunter