The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order: Extracting Audio Clips

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
TornadicBrigadier786
ultra-n00b

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order: Extracting Audio Clips

Post by TornadicBrigadier786 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:17 am

Hello, I have been working on a project in hopes to extract specific audio clips. This project is a Voice pack of Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order's Imperial enemies which includes stormtrooper voice clips, Purge trooper voice clips and KX Security Droid voice clips. I just need all stormtrooper voice clips, all Purge trooper voice clips and all KX Security Droid voice clips for this project. I have been sifting JFO audio clips manually, which is very time consuming and considering how little progress being made in the time I am able to work on this project. At this rate it might be a couple of years of digging through all JFO audio clips until I have all of the imperial voice clips sorted. And I don't want to spend a year or more two working on this, I want to move on and work on other projects by that time. Does anyone know if there is another way to extract specific voice clips in a more time-friendly way? (Pretty much anything other than extracting the files I want manually)

Rancor022 on Groinkick! Forums has provided me a .OGG format of all the Jedi Fallen Order Audio Clips which I have been using to manually sort out the files I want: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bitj7mpd5 ... file%C2%A0

ikskoks

Re: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order: Extracting Audio Clips

Post by ikskoks » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:21 pm

Can you describe how do you do it manually now?
And can you upload some sample files before extraction? (no more than 100 MB if possible)

TornadicBrigadier786
ultra-n00b

Post by TornadicBrigadier786 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:28 am

The first thing I when I have the audio file archive up is that extract a file (Starting top of the archive to very bottom of the archive) from the archive to the desktop using Winrar. Then I drag the file on my desktop to a sound player called Winamp, it will play the clip. If the Audio Clip is a stormtrooper, purge trooper or KX-Security Droid, I will rename the audio clip based on what is said on audio, then parentheses the hash number at the end. For Example: A audio file named 80752 is extracted from archive to desktop, then I play the audio file. Since this audio clip plays a stormtrooper voice clips then I would rename it "Storm3 Watch Back (80752)". I have played JFO enough and with the help of Battle Grid, I am able to recognize the voice and distinctions of the different enemy voices, specifically the stormtroopers and purge troopers. They are 4 different stormtrooper voices, 4 different purge trooper voices and 2 different KX-Security Droid voices (For the KXs, one voice is masculine and the other is feminine voice). Next I would place it under a folder called "Stormtrooper Voices". Then I would move on to the audio clip directly down from 80752. If it is not either a stormtrooper, purge trooper or KX-Security droid, I would delete then move on to the audio clip directly down audio clip from the last one I did.

I tried providing some sample audio files to my post (this current one), I tried add as an attachment but it either wouldn't show up or I would get a invalid file extension error message. Maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong and what I should be doing?

ikskoks

Post by ikskoks » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:34 am

Ok, I think I get it now. So it is not really an technical issue,
rather work orginizing issue. :D

So my advice would be to create separate folders for each category,
then sort all clips in those folders and then use some auto renamer tool like this one https://www.advancedrenamer.com/
I don't think there are any faster methods.

I tried providing some sample audio files to my post (this current one), I tried add as an attachment but it either wouldn't show up or I would get a invalid file extension error message. Maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong and what I should be doing?
I think that's not necessery anymore, because I just found out what you are trying to do.
And because it's not really an technical issue, we can't help to reverse engineer those files.
But just for future reference I tell you that you can upload some samples to hosting sites like mega.nz, google drive etc.
instead of using forum attachments.

TornadicBrigadier786
ultra-n00b

Post by TornadicBrigadier786 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:49 am

Well that is unfortunate. I was hoping I could find a better way that could extract the audio clips I want. Like I said before, I don't want this project to become so overextended in terms of time. I have been extracting files since early September, not everyday of course nor do I get good opportunities to extract files due to my personal life. The main problem is finding time to sift through those files, but my progress isn't that encouraging. I mean I still want to do this project, but with the current trajectory of doing this solo, this project might take a year or more to just get through the "sifting" phase.
If I remain solo, in all likelihood, I might get so discouraged from the project and abandon it completely.

Now that I have been thinking about this for a while, my only hope for this project to not wind up so delayed is to round up some help and hopefully a few individuals will be willing help me with this. Not trying to get off topic though, I will probably divide the amount of files by even amount. I will assign everyone including myself a section of the archive for each of us, the number of files in a sections depends on how many people that will aid me in sifting through files. If I get 5-7 people to help me, that will be ideal for the momentum of the this project. I will provide all the resources for extraction, samples of all variants of the stormtroopers, purge troopers and the KXs for any folks that agreed to help with the sifting process to know what the specific enemies sound like and get a better idea what we are looking for. I will elaborate much more in a separate thread, but since it is late in my area, I will probably start gathering all the resources and context needed for the others to understand what I aiming for by tomorrow. At the very least, the new thread will be up by this weekend.

TornadicBrigadier786
ultra-n00b

Post by TornadicBrigadier786 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:18 am

I have searched a lot forums and addressed the situations to each, however I had not had anyone acknowledge my requests in all the posts I had made. Does anyone know where I could reliably find a handful of people to help me out with this project?

TrumpetPro
advanced

Post by TrumpetPro » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:32 pm

TornadicBrigadier786 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:18 am
I have searched a lot forums and addressed the situations to each, however I had not had anyone acknowledge my requests in all the posts I had made. Does anyone know where I could reliably find a handful of people to help me out with this project?
The Fallen Order modding server: https://discord.gg/exz6xh6
There's already a WIP sounds list that gets updated every once in a while.