Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Lego Dimensions .OGG Files

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
fileGates71
n00b

Lego Dimensions .OGG Files

Post by fileGates71 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:51 am

Hey. I've been trying to convert missing voice clips from Lego Dimensions' DLC for years now. Since no one knows how the .CBX files work, I found that the PS4 version uses a playable format... or so I was informed.

The voice files are all .OGG files, sure, but only a handful of them are playable using vgmstream. Could anyone tell me what I could do, if anything to make these things playable?

DKDave
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Lego Dimensions .OGG Files

Post by DKDave » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:13 pm

The main problem is that most of those files don't contain any audio. Some just have text / meta data, and others have textures. Do you know any dialogue that you can't find in these files?
"Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable, immutable. But that's not all there is to life." - Dr. Naomi Hunter

fileGates71
n00b

Post by fileGates71 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:06 am

Well, in the "Aperture Science" DLC, aside from the cutscenes there is this quote from Wheatley (of course) at the beginning where he says "As I don't know how I got back here, what we should do is crack on with these tests as we try to retake over the fac... I mean, escape..."

Looking again, based on what you describe, it seems that the filenames for everything in the folder is scrambled. For instance, in the folder that originally contained the audio folder I shared, there is a CHARS folder. And in it was a .TXT file that was actually a .VAG file. I changed the file extension and it was playable! Fortunately, I have a trick that can change multiple file extensions at once.

It is never simple, is it?

DKDave
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by DKDave » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:24 pm

It just seems to me like the files are all messed up. For example, some sounds tagged with a particular language are in another language, and some tagged with Wheatley and actually GLaDOS, or don't play at all. If the files are meant to be as they are, then lots of audio is missing, so it seems logical that there might be something wrong somewhere.
"Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable, immutable. But that's not all there is to life." - Dr. Naomi Hunter