Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

[Solved] Extracting Audio Files from Secret World Legends

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Apexination
ultra-n00b

[Solved] Extracting Audio Files from Secret World Legends

Post by Apexination » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:49 am

I would like help with figuring out how exactly to do this. There's a particular song in the game played that is NOT listed as an official song from the soundtrack, nor has it been identified via the Songs Used in Secret World [WIP] over on Reddit. Even ingame, song finders such as Soundhound, Shazam, Beatfind, etc.. can't ID the track either, so I'm doing this as a last resort.

I have looked to see if there was anyone else who tried ripping these files and there was. (There's even a youtube link on how to do it Here, and it's completed(?) within the first 3 minutes of the video.) The only problem is that I have no idea how the heck to even do what they did to extract the files that easily. x.x'

There's the video, there's the written version of the tutorial, and there's the required github page used through both Java and SBT, but I have absolutely no idea how or what to do with any of this. I know nothing of those two programs whatsoever, unfortunately.

:( I'm mad at myself because it seems like a simple destination from Point A to Point B, but I'm so lost, it's like I'm stuck in my driveway wondering how to start the damn car, if you feel me.

I would love any and all advice for this. Even if I need to have it babied to me in order for me to understand it, I'd totally be ready and willing to listen.

Thank you in advance. :)
Last edited by Apexination on Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

DKDave
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Extracting Audio Files from Secret World Legends

Post by DKDave » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:36 pm

An easier method, if you just want all of the audio, is to use my attached QuickBMS script.

It will give you 20,717 Ogg audio files

If you don't that, you can get it from Luigi's site: https://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

It's fairly simple to use, but shout if you need further help.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable, immutable. But that's not all there is to life." - Dr. Naomi Hunter

Apexination
ultra-n00b

Re: Extracting Audio Files from Secret World Legends

Post by Apexination » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:17 am

DKDave, I have absolutely no idea how to thank you enough for what you've helped with. !!!!

Thanks to you, I was able to easily extract the music section of the game (from RDB_TYPE = 1020005 --> 1,055 Audio Files) and locate the exact song files I was aiming to download from the game through your .txt file. :) A huge shoutout to Luigi's Quick BMS to help with the extraction as well. ^^

Man, I'm beyond happy. I've been trying to find out a way on how to acquire these songs since the original 'The Secret World' game came out back in 2012! No luck until now. :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you!