Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Need Help Extracting .FSB and .BIK files please

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
dayylight
ultra-n00b

Need Help Extracting .FSB and .BIK files please

Post by dayylight » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:02 am

Hey all,

I'm sure this is probably super easy and I'm missing something obvious here. But I'm trying to extract the audio from some .FSB files and video from .BIK files and I've come up empty handed. I've tried dozens of FSB extracting programs and game extractors. I'm on a Mac using Wine to run the majority of the Windows programs and that only goes so far, the majority of them won't even load. I'm guessing they're encrypted because I've had some other FSBs that imported into Audacity with no issues.

I really have no idea what I'm doing, haha. Anyone have a tip? Would be much appreciated.

The FSBs are in the Sounds folder and BIKs are in the Movies folder
https://mega.nz/#F!OLJhAKjK!FgjDf0Tw6s6S2-FmetD45g
From Hannah Montana - The Movie (2009) [PS3]

DKDave
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Need Help Extracting .FSB and .BIK files please

Post by DKDave » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:19 pm

Yes, those files are definitely encrypted.

Without knowing the encryption method and key, it would be difficult to get the data. Hopefully someone will know, as the extraction part after that is easy.
"Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable, immutable. But that's not all there is to life." - Dr. Naomi Hunter

dayylight
ultra-n00b

Re: Need Help Extracting .FSB and .BIK files please

Post by dayylight » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:42 pm

Thanks for that info. Is the encryption key stored somewhere on the disc? Would a different console (Wii, Xbox, etc) be easier to decrypt?