READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

NOOB HELP - extracting PS3 game music

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
jdrexmo
ultra-n00b

NOOB HELP - extracting PS3 game music

Post by jdrexmo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:06 am

I am brand new to this community, so apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong forum or going about this the wrong way entirely. I'm a bit lost on this website, not to mention in over my head on the task itself.
I want to extract the music from the PS3 game Trash Panic directly from the game (I feel that the tracks on YouTube are of inconsistent and generally questionable audio quality). If at any point in my describing what I'm after, some good samaritan reading this recognizes that they could do this easily, please PM me, I would super appreciate the favor, because as I said, I'm starting at square one and pretty well in over my head.
As if it wasn't hard enough to locate audio files in a game and convert them to standard formats, Trash Panic is a download-only game, so I assume all the file exploring and extracting would have to be done on the PS3 itself, meaning I'd have to jailbreak my console?
I basically need a "basics of extracting PS3 game audio" tutorial, and I'm finding that surprisingly hard to find anywhere. This website seemed like a helpful resource.
Can anyone help me out here?