READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Bomberman Series Sound Effects

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
SteamyJ
n00b

Bomberman Series Sound Effects

Post by SteamyJ » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Greetings all. I've been posting here a bit about Bomberman and it's an ongoing hobby of mine. I figured it would be best to just make a general thread since I plan on popping in and out frequently with questions, if that's all right. Please feel free to help in any way possible as we go.

Currently I'm looking into Saturn Bomberman and Saturn Bomberman Fight!!. I used PowerISO and was able to find the voice files in Saturn as .AIF files but it seems the sound effects are still lurking deeper. Anyone have any idea how to investigate further?

DKDave
advanced

Re: Bomberman Series Sound Effects

Post by DKDave » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:06 pm

From what I can see in Saturn Bomberman:

In the BOMSS folder - .CPK are the video files (with some dialogue), .AIF are voice files.
In the NETLINK folder - the .WAV files are sound effects.

There doesn't appear to be any other sounds than those above.
"Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable, immutable. But that's not all there is to life." - Dr. Naomi Hunter

SteamyJ
n00b

Post by SteamyJ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:32 am

This is where I got stuck. The .WAV files in the Netlink folder are for the Netlink capabilities and not the game itself. Do you think they could be in the .bin files in the BOMSS folder? I'm unable to extract anything from those files with PowerISO.

DKDave
advanced

Post by DKDave » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 pm

I think you're right. The PROGRAM.BIN file is an archive of lots of files, I can hear some 8-bit signed audio data in there, which is all the sound effects and in-game voices. I can't see a way to easily extract them at the moment. I'm thinking there must be a table somewhere to reference this, so I'll have a look.
"Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable, immutable. But that's not all there is to life." - Dr. Naomi Hunter

SteamyJ
n00b

Post by SteamyJ » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:43 am

I showed this to a friend and he was able to find a few things of interest. Using Audacity, he was able to locate some of the sounds in the PROGRAM.BIN file.

https://imgur.com/Kl0cZ5X