READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Guilty Gear PCK files (PS2)

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
SillyWills
ultra-n00b

Guilty Gear PCK files (PS2)

Post by SillyWills » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:33 pm

I made a thread about this over at ZenHAX, but I figured I'd ask here, too. I'd like to extract the music archives for a couple PS2 entries of the Guilty Gear series, but I've had no luck so far. I posted the cut file data over at the ZenHAX thread, to help get an idea of what we're working with. Thanks in advance to anyone who can lend a hand!

DKDave
veteran

Re: Guilty Gear PCK files (PS2)

Post by DKDave » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:39 pm

The audio in all those files in your attachment are 16-bit PCM (Little Endian), stereo, 44100 Hz, interleave 0x200

Each file is about 12 seconds long, so there must be some sort of index to be able to play them correctly.
"Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable, immutable. But that's not all there is to life." - Dr. Naomi Hunter

SillyWills
ultra-n00b

Post by SillyWills » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:34 pm

^Thanks for the info! Hm, so if some sort of index is needed, I'll give the games' data another comb-over. Would the IRX files suffice, maybe? Whatever I find, I'll post later.

DKDave
veteran

Post by DKDave » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:48 pm

It's a tricky one this. I've checked the files on the Isuka disc. The MUSIC.PCK file is mostly raw PCM audio, but there are a few bits in it which look like small bits of data, so it's not just a pure audio file.

There are what looks like some tables in SLES_532.84, but I can't find anything that looks like it would match up with the .PCK file. The table could also be stored somewhere inside the large .BIN file.

Once the table is found, it should be easy to then extract the individual music tracks. I'll keep looking to see what I can find in the data.
"Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable, immutable. But that's not all there is to life." - Dr. Naomi Hunter