READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

.OGX (Multiplexed media file Ogg Vorbis container)

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Luriam
beginner

.OGX (Multiplexed media file Ogg Vorbis container)

Post by Luriam » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:47 pm

For the past few days I've been trying to convert these .ogx files. The internet says they're similar to an .OGG files. But can include multiple media streams encoded with different codecs; used for storing compressed audio and video data

I tried just renaming it to .ogg like some people suggested, didn't work. Tried a bunch of software including foobar and audacity, no dice. Perhaps someone here can help me 🙏 Thank youu

DOWNLOAD

Oh and the sounds may or may not be lewd in nature, so beware if you're in a public place

DKDave
veteran

Re: .OGX (Multiplexed media file Ogg Vorbis container)

Post by DKDave » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:06 am

I couldn't find anything that would play these files. However, I added an Ogg Vorbis header from a working file, and just got lots of nonsense audio.

So it seems like these could be headerless Ogg Vorbis files of some sort, but without the proper header information I'm not sure if they can be decoded.

Where did you get the files? If they're from a game, then there might be some other data that would make them playable.
"Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable, immutable. But that's not all there is to life." - Dr. Naomi Hunter

Luriam
beginner

Post by Luriam » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:26 am

Hmm you're right there are more files besides the .ogx's. They're from a game called Super Naughty Maid! 2 (available on TPB)

Here's a link to the game's audio archive

I quickly snatched the .ogx's (and a single .ogg) with Ravioli Extractor

DKDave
veteran

Post by DKDave » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:01 pm

I've had a look at that archive, and it's just one long .ogg file starting at offset 0x0028, after a short "XP3" header. If you remove that short header, you can play the .ogg file - it's about 3 hours 24 minutes.

I can't see any other obvious info in the file (could be encrypted), so the game must have a lookup table somewhere that references this .XP3 file, to split it into individual sounds.
"Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable, immutable. But that's not all there is to life." - Dr. Naomi Hunter

Luriam
beginner

Post by Luriam » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:33 am

Ahh what a shame. I don't know how to do any of that, but I am very grateful for your time! At least now I know what I'm dealing with :)