Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Cannot extract audio from Return of the Kind PC (.SCW)

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
fudge
n00b

Re: Cannot extract audio from Return of the Kind PC (.SCW)

Post by fudge » Fri May 08, 2020 2:51 pm

Well that's fantastic progress. Certainly its a bit distorted but clearly you can here what it is meant to be. Do you reckon you'll be able to get it sounding a little clearer?

Cheers,
Fudge

DKDave
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by DKDave » Fri May 08, 2020 11:07 pm

I've tried a few options, but the standard ones using GENH don't seem to be right. So, if someone can work out what the right codec should be, then it'll be easier.

Here's a few raw files extracted from bla01.scw to see if anyone can get them to play correctly (maybe I have start offset wrong, but I think they're right).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code. It's unchangeable, immutable. But that's not all there is to life." - Dr. Naomi Hunter

fudge
n00b

Post by fudge » Thu May 14, 2020 12:58 pm

Hello again,

Ah right. Thanks so much for what you have done. Its tantalising close though! Fingers crossed some clever clogs comes along and manages to finish off the last part to get these audio clips in their original quality.

Cheers,
Fudge

Imthefuture
ultra-n00b

Post by Imthefuture » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:26 pm

DKDave wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:07 pm
I've tried a few options, but the standard ones using GENH don't seem to be right. So, if someone can work out what the right codec should be, then it'll be easier.

Here's a few raw files extracted from bla01.scw to see if anyone can get them to play correctly (maybe I have start offset wrong, but I think they're right).
Really very interesting format. And most likely coded by developers. I think you can look for the unpacked version in the dump of the game after launch.

In the dump, I managed to find the unpacked textures when, as in all files except fro03.scw, they are packed.

fudge
n00b

Post by fudge » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:02 pm

So this dump may help decode the audio files potentially?

fudge
n00b

Post by fudge » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:29 pm

Hello again,

I just wanted to bump this just in case some clever bugger fancies taking this one on for me. I would but my brain is too small.

Cheers,