Need for Speed 2015: need help extracting sound files

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Post Reply
datoika777
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 11:49 am

Need for Speed 2015: need help extracting sound files

Post by datoika777 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:21 pm

Hello guys, this is my first post here, and I'm delighted to join this forum.

My concern is NFS 2015, and it's sound files
I wanted to exctract them and then just have them as .wav or .mp3 files.
There are 2 sound files(including .toc and .sb files). the chunksaudio and chunksaudiostream

Basically what i've experimented with is some script written by a guy(in QuickBMS)(frostbite.bms script)
Thing is, in the command prompt, it tells me that there are many things in .dat files
but when i go to the output folder, i get shitload of .ttf and small amount of .dat files.
How can i fix this or is there anything more to be done with these?
Thank you

mono24
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Need for Speed 2015: need help extracting sound files

Post by mono24 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:52 pm

datoika777 wrote:Basically what i've experimented with is some script written by a guy(in QuickBMS)(frostbite.bms script)
That script is not good unfortunately, because it does not extract everything, pretty much incomplete.
BUT, if you would have made a tiny bit of research you would have found absolutely everything you need.
Just keep in mind that regardless of the name of the game, they all use same Frostbite engine so the steps are the same for what ever you need to do.
I am not able to help more at the moment, but seriously you will find everything what you need in the following places:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14108
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17236
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17114

have fun

datoika777
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 11:49 am

Re: Need for Speed 2015: need help extracting sound files

Post by datoika777 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:40 pm

mono24 wrote:
datoika777 wrote:Basically what i've experimented with is some script written by a guy(in QuickBMS)(frostbite.bms script)
That script is not good unfortunately, because it does not extract everything, pretty much incomplete.
BUT, if you would have made a tiny bit of research you would have found absolutely everything you need.
Just keep in mind that regardless of the name of the game, they all use same Frostbite engine so the steps are the same for what ever you need to do.
I am not able to help more at the moment, but seriously you will find everything what you need in the following places:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14108
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17236
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17114

have fun
thanks a lot. i just wanted to do this for like few days, i have never been into modding or these kinda things

datoika777
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 11:49 am

Re: Need for Speed 2015: need help extracting sound files

Post by datoika777 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:58 pm

mono24 wrote:
datoika777 wrote:Basically what i've experimented with is some script written by a guy(in QuickBMS)(frostbite.bms script)
That script is not good unfortunately, because it does not extract everything, pretty much incomplete.
BUT, if you would have made a tiny bit of research you would have found absolutely everything you need.
Just keep in mind that regardless of the name of the game, they all use same Frostbite engine so the steps are the same for what ever you need to do.
I am not able to help more at the moment, but seriously you will find everything what you need in the following places:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14108
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17236
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17114

have fun
i had a glance at all 3 of it. these are for models. i am looking for sound only

mono24
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Need for Speed 2015: need help extracting sound files

Post by mono24 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:38 pm

datoika777 wrote:i had a glance at all 3 of it. these are for models. i am looking for sound only
Please next time do a better research, there's a reason why so many gave up on helping, everything is available, regardless of the game is mentioned all Frostbite engine games work the same.
And if that doesn't help, look again, the answers are in the forum.
There's a reason why I gave you all those three links. In order to gain access for audio, you need to EXTRACT WHOLE GAME DATA.
Then you do this step.
viewtopic.php?p=136455#p136455

good luck

datoika777
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 11:49 am

Re: Need for Speed 2015: need help extracting sound files

Post by datoika777 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:26 pm

mono24 wrote:
datoika777 wrote:i had a glance at all 3 of it. these are for models. i am looking for sound only
Please next time do a better research, there's a reason why so many gave up on helping, everything is available, regardless of the game is mentioned all Frostbite engine games work the same.
And if that doesn't help, look again, the answers are in the forum.
There's a reason why I gave you all those three links. In order to gain access for audio, you need to EXTRACT WHOLE GAME DATA.
Then you do this step.
viewtopic.php?p=136455#p136455

good luck
whole game data? but the files are given to me how i should extract them anymore? like what files do u mean? i am totally noob at this kind of this things man.

Post Reply