Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Parappa The Rapper 2 Bad/Awful Instrumentals

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
BrandonThaEditor
ultra-n00b

Parappa The Rapper 2 Bad/Awful Instrumentals

Post by BrandonThaEditor » Mon May 29, 2017 6:22 pm

So, I'm from the Parappa modding community, and I'm trying to figure out how to edit the bad/awful instrumentals for the stages, but when I play it in MFaudio like a normal good or cool instrumental, it sounds really bad. But actually, good and cool both have 2 channels, so what I'm thinking is that the interleave could also be 400 (the normal 2x) and have 2 channels, because bad/awful are in the same file, and 2 channels for each. However, I run into a problem. MFaudio will not let me play or export songs into 4 channels. So the only way I know how to play those files is using Winamp with the Vgmstream plugin, which I highly doubt that method would let me edit the files and put them back in the game. So does anybody know how to export audio in MFaudio as 4 channels? Or just get a way to edit the bad/awful tracks in general? :?:
i like modding parappa 1 and 2

BrandonThaEditor
ultra-n00b

Re: Parappa The Rapper 2 Bad/Awful Instrumentals

Post by BrandonThaEditor » Tue May 30, 2017 10:51 pm

Nevermind, solved the problem by tricking MFaudio to use a stereo .wp2 as a mono, like the ones in the bad/awful glitched tracks.
i like modding parappa 1 and 2

Davedson
ultra-n00b

Post by Davedson » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:29 pm

wow, thanks, your tricking method actually worked, but actually the interleave value is still 200, not 400, just typing this for random wonderers

vortex64
ultra-n00b

Post by vortex64 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:17 am

How do you trick it into using a stereo .wp2 as a mono one?