The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

PS2: BD, HD and SQ audio files

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Bakayote
ultra-n00b

PS2: BD, HD and SQ audio files

Post by Bakayote » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:07 am

Hi guys, this is my first post here and my main reason for joining this website.

I was wondering on how to work with the BD/HD/SQ format and if it's possible to convert the files over into playable songs using all the data provided.

I've been using an old program called VGMTrans to convert the files over to midis. You're supposed to be able to convert the header and instrument files with it too but it isn't letting me. I attempt to save the files as their respective types but nothing ever pops up in the folder I save the files into as if it didn't do them at all. The midi files converted from the SQ files do work however.

I'm trying to rip the soundtrack to an obscure PS2 title called Metropolismania, so far only a few of the tracks from the game are on YouTube and I haven't seen any music online besides an eighth of the soundtrack. It's a really addictive and fun game with a decent soundtrack. I recommend checking it out.

Anyway... Is there any newer/working tools that I can use to get this process done?

snakemeat
advanced

Re: PS2: BD, HD and SQ audio files

Post by snakemeat » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:43 pm

You can make PSF2 files using VGMToolbox.