Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Post Reply
BallisticSmith
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:02 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by BallisticSmith » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:33 pm

daemon1 wrote:Then run the game and let me know if it works :)
I tried doing what you said, but when i do this, the scene with gordon rendezvouz gets no dialogue, and sometimes during the game, the english audio starts and even gets perfectly synced with the subtitles, but the dialogue never finishes, it always gets muted before the end of the dialogue.

Too bad, maybe the devs didn't want people to mod it, so they made hard to do it.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2021
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 1577 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by daemon1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:09 pm

BallisticSmith wrote:the scene with gordon rendezvouz gets no dialogue
This means we did something wrong. You shouldn't check other dialogues, they must be broken in this setup. But Gordon scene must work.

Let's check it again. Do you see any subtitles there? How does your Portuguese(Brazil) folder look now?
Last edited by daemon1 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2021
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 1577 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by daemon1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:09 pm

BallisticSmith wrote:Too bad, maybe the devs didn't want people to mod it, so they made hard to do it.
No, they were just too lazy to do this.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2021
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 1577 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by daemon1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:05 pm

ah, it seems it was one of those rare 6-channel dialogues. So this needs an update:

http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/96DHe7ii/file.html

get this file and check it once again

BallisticSmith
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:02 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by BallisticSmith » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:28 pm

daemon1 wrote:ah, it seems it was one of those rare 6-channel dialogues. So this needs an update:

http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/96DHe7ii/file.html

get this file and check it once again
Thanks man, it worked now, the gordon scene audio and subtitles are perfectly synced, with english audio and portuguese subs, now you gotta tell me how to do it myself, so i stop bothering you lol

Is there anyway to script this process, so there's no need to mod each file?

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2021
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 1577 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by daemon1 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Here you go:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13174

I can't guarantee it will work for ALL files, so maybe first you can choose one big chapter, say, all CITY_X files. Good luck. Let me know if something is wrong.

p.s. This is only for ingame dialogues, not movies.

BallisticSmith
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:02 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by BallisticSmith » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:04 pm

Thank you so much, i really appreciate it, i'll patch some files and give you the feedback as i play the game.

Cameron007
advanced
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by Cameron007 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:32 pm

Well, I've managed to split the music, but when I convert them, all I get is this. Be sure to turn down the volume before you listen. If someone could please either PM me or post in this thread to tell me how to fix it, I would be very grateful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BallisticSmith
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:02 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by BallisticSmith » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:19 am

daemon1 wrote:p.s. This is only for ingame dialogues, not movies.
Which tool should i use to do the same process for the .usm movie files?

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2021
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 1577 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by daemon1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:22 am

Cameron007 wrote:Well, I've managed to split the music, but when I convert them, all I get is this. Be sure to turn down the volume before you listen. If someone could please either PM me or post in this thread to tell me how to fix it, I would be very grateful.
Use other codebooks

brendan19
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:15 am
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by brendan19 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:15 pm

BallisticSmith wrote:Which tool should i use to do the same process for the .usm movie files?
VGMToolbox can demux the audio streams from the .USM video files for you.

BallisticSmith
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:02 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by BallisticSmith » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:25 pm

brendan19 wrote:
BallisticSmith wrote:Which tool should i use to do the same process for the .usm movie files?
VGMToolbox can demux the audio streams from the .USM video files for you.
Ok, and from there i can edit the subtitles?

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2021
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 1577 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by daemon1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:02 pm

BallisticSmith wrote:Which tool should i use to do the same process for the .usm movie files?
Are there many movies with voice?

BallisticSmith
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:02 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by BallisticSmith » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:31 pm

daemon1 wrote:Are there many movies with voice?
With voice I can't say for sure, but there's about 1.010 .usm files on the "Movies" game folder.

(by the way, i patched all the upk's and no problem so far during the game, everything is working fine)

Cameron007
advanced
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: Batman Arkham audio extractor with proper names

Post by Cameron007 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:12 pm

daemon1 wrote:
Cameron007 wrote:Well, I've managed to split the music, but when I convert them, all I get is this. Be sure to turn down the volume before you listen. If someone could please either PM me or post in this thread to tell me how to fix it, I would be very grateful.
Use other codebooks
Ah, okay, that worked. I'm enjoying the soundtrack now.

Post Reply