Did you know? Xentax started the Unepic SID Channel, that brings the latest music composed for the SID chip! Support us by listening and subscribing! Over 50.000 songs already there!

Bound by Flame (PC) *pgz

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
MiLØ
veteran

Bound by Flame (PC) *pgz

Post by MiLØ » Sun May 25, 2014 8:02 pm

The game's data containers turned out to be no problem, simply renamed SPK to RAR and all good. Unfortunately audio isn't solved by renaming to ogg or mp3 or something :>
All files in music folder are with *pgz extension. I scanned them with a couple of scanners but came up with nothing.

Here's a sample, please take a look: [NVM]

EDIT: Bah, turns out PGZ can be renamed to ZIP and also extracted further, which gives a file with no extension. And then simply renaming it to OGG does the trick. Solved.

brendan19
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Bound by Flame (PC) *pgz

Post by brendan19 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:27 am

The SPK archives are just 7zip archives.

The PGZ files are just compressed with GZip. Use VGMToolbox to decompress and you will get the filenames :)

MiLØ
veteran

Re: Bound by Flame (PC) *pgz

Post by MiLØ » Mon May 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Yep I just went more old fashioned way without using VGMtoolbox. The end result still had proper filenames, it just didn't have any file extension at all. And the way I found out it was Ogg is by looking through Hex editor (in which I'm no expert at all) - the first couple lines of text said something about Ogg, so I thought "why not?". :D