Did you know? Xentax started the Unepic SID Channel, that brings the latest music composed for the SID chip! Support us by listening and subscribing! Over 50.000 songs already there!

PayDay 2 sounds

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Vosvoy
veteran

PayDay 2 sounds

Post by Vosvoy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:07 am

Hey mates,

So, to be brief, I found a way to convert IMA ADPCM sounds from " PayDay: The Heist " with this topic and tried to redo that technique on " PayDay 2 Beta " but, as you can guess, if I'm here it's because it's not working.
Indeed, when I drag the processed sound ( with ima_rejigger2 ) in Audacity ( with FFmpeg plugin installed ) nothing's happening and when I load it as a raw sound, the file is messed ( static ).
So, I give you a lil' sample if you think that can help you to understand what's the problem.

EDIT: Ok, it odly seems that Audacity don't support those sounds but no problem with VLC. But now, how can I convert them to propper .wav files?

EDIT2: Alright, never mind, I found my solution: I've got to convert it manually by VLC ( I've never did this before ). I'm a freaking idiot.

Well, I summarizes:

Step1: You got to download the PaydayBundleTool here and the ima_rejigger2 tool here.
Step2: Once you've extracted the files from .bundle archives, drag one by one each sounds you want into the ima_rejigger2 tool.
Step3: Next, import the processed sounds into VLC and convert them into propper .wav files ( lil' tutorial here ).

Now, if somebody have an idea to convert faster the sounds with ima_rejigger2 and VLC, I'm interested because draging one by one all the files is pretty long.

EDIT3: Well, I found it myself again ( at least for ima_rejigger2 processing ):

Code: Select all

for %%i in (*.wav) do "%CD%\ima_rejigger2.exe" %%i
pause
Got an idea for VLC step?

EDIT4: Found it... Here's the command line for the VLC step:

for %%a in (*.wav) do cmd /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -I dummy -vvv %%a --sout=#transcode{acodec=s16l}:standard{access=file,mux=wav,dst=%%a.wav} vlc://quit
Hem... Consider this a lil' tutorial...

Cordialy.

Vosvoy
Vosvoy

Vosvoy
veteran

Re: PayDay 2 sounds

Post by Vosvoy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:33 am

Hey mates I'm back for one last thing:

I just discover that the PaydayBundleFile tool was interpreting some .wav riff files as other extensions during extraction ( like .bin and .dds ).

So, I have an idea but I don't know if it's possible:

Extract all the files without any extension ( possible with the PaydayBundleTool ) and thanks to a lil' batch file or a succinct tool, give them the RIGHT extension relative to their header/offset.

like that stuff:

for %%i in (*.unknown) do "%CD%\XXX.exe ( or BMS? )" %%i -o 0x03(?)
ren *.wav
del *.unknown
Note: The .wav riff files have the same offset ( 52 49 46 46 -> 0x03(?) )

Can you give me a clue?

PS: I've found something like that but I don't know how to do it ( I'm new on line commands and stuffs like that )... You will find a file in the attachment ( if you need it ).

Thanks in advance mates.

Vosvoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vosvoy

Sir Kane
veteran

Post by Sir Kane » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:31 am

Files inside the bundles are found by two hashes each: one for the extension, another for path + name. So if you get filenames containing the extension hash after extracting, you can just batch rename them.

Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:10 am

Sir Kane wrote:Files inside the bundles are found by two hashes each: one for the extension, another for path + name. So if you get filenames containing the extension hash after extracting, you can just batch rename them.
That's exactly what I want to do but I don't know how to do it. Can you give me a hand ( for the command line )? I would only rename .wav files that the tool wrongly extracted as .bin files ( as I said above, there is .dds files as .bin files too ).
Vosvoy

Sir Kane
veteran

Post by Sir Kane » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:19 am

09E2DB206ACBCB09 is the hash for "stream", which is their sound file extension.

Here's a fixed ext_info.txt: http://sktest.aruarose.com/ext_info.txt.

Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:29 am

So, if I understood it right, I have to create a batch file that check the hash " 09E2DB206ACBCB09 " in extracted files. Subsequently, matched files will be renamed as .wav files. I am right?

Well, I'll got to do some research about hash checking with the command line, in that case, because I didn't know that was possible to do that.

EDIT: I don't get any help on internet for that... Please, do you know what is it ( command line )?
( I would to do a lil' video tutorial after this ( yeah, I have a lot of time to spare for the moment ) because, as a noob, I'd like to find a person to help me out when I need it. But I can't do it if I haven't all what I need for it ).
Vosvoy

Sir Kane
veteran

Post by Sir Kane » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:16 pm

What's the format of your filenames? Are they similar to 3ad1623850608243.0.bd007e20bc2b61af?

The audioformat for the files I checked is ADPCM with 64 samples per block (they use wwise for audio), so it would be pretty simple to write a tool to convert them to PCM.

Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Sir Kane wrote:What's the format of your filenames? Are they similar to 3ad1623850608243.0.bd007e20bc2b61af?
Yes, they are.
Sir Kane wrote:The audioformat for the files I checked is ADPCM with 64 samples per block (they use wwise for audio), so it would be pretty simple to write a tool to convert them to PCM.
Oh really? Well, I'll not be able to create a tool for that because I suck about this.
Vosvoy