READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Eve Online and ogg/wav

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Cmdr
ultra-n00b

Eve Online and ogg/wav

Post by Cmdr » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:38 pm

Hello,

I would like to unzip eve online's sound/voice files, but revorb.exe fails every time I try to run it.
I am aware that this topic has been covered often in this forum, so here are the steps I've already taken in order to get where I am now:
1. I unpacked Eve's voice.bnk-files using bnkextr.exe
2. I ran wave2ogg.exe with the "packed_codebooks_aoTuV_603.bin" through the command line.
3. I tried to run revorb, however the program crashes all the time.

I followed the steps in this threat: viewtopic.php?p=85044#p85044
These are the files I used: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/titfwocclsxxkwj/KbL3KLDLpn

I've got to admit that I not familiar with this sort of "sorcery" at all, so I tried to find whatever I can in order to make it work. ;)
Can anyone help me please?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Pepper
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Eve Online and ogg/wav

Post by Pepper » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:59 am

Normally revorb crashing means the previous step was done wrong, I'm not familiar with the game in particular, but it seems like the commandline is the problem for starters, you shouldn't be typing out the path to the codebooks, it should literally just all be in the same directory, and then you add "--pcb packed_codebooks_aoTuV_603.bin" it's a nice bat file, but ww2ogg is literally just expecting a string of a codebook name, which it then finds in it's own path.

hcs
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by hcs » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:26 pm

You don't need the new packed_codebooks_aoTuV_603.bin for Eve, ww2ogg 0.19 works fine on this file with the old packed_codebooks.bin. Just change that name in your .bat and it should work.

ww2ogg is very lazy about trying to open the codebook, if it doesn't find packed_codebooks.bin in the working directory it won't find it, so specifying the full path in --pcb can sometimes be helpful.

durandal217
veteran

Post by durandal217 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:42 pm

I was wondering if somebody could help me out, because I'm sorta stumped on this one. I've extracted and converted most of the sounds from eve already, however when I try to convert the turret sounds, only some of them convert from wav to ogg. When I try to convert a single turret sound (turrets.005.wav for example) ww2ogg gives me a parse error unknown chunk type and won't convert it.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? and how to properly convert these files.

durandal217
veteran

Post by durandal217 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:57 am

Upon further inspection, I think most of the turret sounds use Wwise ADPCM encoding, question is what do I use to convert it? Everything I tried didn't work.

Here is a sample if it helps. http://www.mediafire.com/?zdx3l6yua61gwp4

I appreciate any help.

Pepper
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Pepper » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:04 pm

hcs has a tool called ima rejigger, or something like that. I cant find the default version but here's one that works with payday's ima adpcm which also used ww2ogg for most of it's other audio (voices) hcs64.com/files/ima_rejigger2.zip see if this works?

edit- worked on the linked file for me! sounds like fizzing cannons and fireworks-ish noise.

durandal217
veteran

Post by durandal217 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:34 pm

Pepper wrote:hcs has a tool called ima rejigger, or something like that. I cant find the default version but here's one that works with payday's ima adpcm which also used ww2ogg for most of it's other audio (voices) hcs64.com/files/ima_rejigger2.zip see if this works?

edit- worked on the linked file for me! sounds like fizzing cannons and fireworks-ish noise.
EDIT: Never mind I got it working thank you so much pepper I really appreciate it.

For anybody who comes across this thread looking to convert ADPCM .wav sounds from EVE:
once you drop the wav file into ima_rejigger2, just open up audacity, make sure you have the FFmpeg import/export library installed and do file > import > audio in the drop down box select FFmpeg-compatible files and simply load the .wav you want import it and you should now have a playable file.