The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

Detroit: Become Human audio files

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
PunchMaster
ultra-n00b

Detroit: Become Human audio files

Post by PunchMaster » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:22 pm

Hello,

We are from FenixProDabing and we want to make Czech voiceovers to this game. We want to know how to extract audio files and import edited audio files to game files. Is there any tool or some other solutions?

Thanks in advance.

QuasiDetective
ultra-n00b

Re: Detroit: Become Human audio files

Post by QuasiDetective » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:34 am

Long story short, I don't think so. I've been interested in ripping the voice clips, myself, and I found no particularly practical methods for getting things in or out in terms of audio. You can use Dragon UnPACKer's HyperRipper to yank out most (?) of the audio files from their respective DAT files, but they're generally unsorted and unnamed. (Voice clips do sort of seem to be grouped with all of the dub variations of each line together, however.)

There is no way that I know of to rip them properly, with their proper names, nor to import files back in.

I would love to be wrong, though. I thoroughly enjoy this game and personally would love to extract and go through all of the character voice clips and whatnot. Unfortunately, I don't think there exists a tool for such a purpose: it seems that all anyone is interested in extracting from this game are the models (which, don't get me wrong, I'm also interested in), and there doesn't seem to be enough demand for a better way to rip audio for anyone to be interested in trying to program such a thing. Might have a great deal to do with the sheer number of voice clips... :(