Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Def Jam: Fight for NY Audio Ripping

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Henchman800
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Def Jam: Fight for NY Audio Ripping

Post by Henchman800 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:06 am

Hello,
it took me a while to find this tool, but it handles SSX3 and Def Jam Audio Files!
That Includes: .VIV .asf .mus (as far as I know...)

Original name: NBALive_Music_Extractor

DOWNLOAD:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ractor.zip

MaouYumisu
ultra-n00b

Re: Def Jam: Fight for NY Audio Ripping

Post by MaouYumisu » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:38 pm

Henchman800 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:06 am
Hello,
it took me a while to find this tool, but it handles SSX3 and Def Jam Audio Files!
That Includes: .VIV .asf .mus (as far as I know...)

Original name: NBALive_Music_Extractor

DOWNLOAD:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ractor.zip
The only thing this program, just like its ASFExporter version, can't handle is the Loading0.mus file in Def Jam Fight for NY for some reason. Link goes to a loading0.mus file from a cut Fight for NY song called Holler if ya hear me from 2Pac.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ading0.mus

Henchman800
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Henchman800 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:24 pm

MaouYumisu wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:38 pm
The only thing this program, just like its ASFExporter version, can't handle is the Loading0.mus file in Def Jam Fight for NY for some reason.
I just tried cubeplayer and psound on it....also looked for a couple need for speed music extractors....none of them seems to be able to open this file....
super weird......and nbalive music extractor just doesnt find any file in it.....maybe the file is corrupted? where did you find it?

EDIT:
NBALiveMusicExtractor only opens the Speech.VIV files.....no SFX and MUSIC

PSound however finds playable files within the SFX.VIV files

MaouYumisu
ultra-n00b

Post by MaouYumisu » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:32 am

Henchman800 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:24 pm
MaouYumisu wrote:
The only thing this program, just like its ASFExporter version, can't handle is the Loading0.mus file in Def Jam Fight for NY for some reason.
I just tried cubeplayer and psound on it....also looked for a couple need for speed music extractors....none of them seems to be able to open this file....
super weird......and nbalive music extractor just doesnt find any file in it.....maybe the file is corrupted? where did you find it?

EDIT:

The file is not corrupted as it works just fine in Fight for NY once you import it over any song in the game. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S10JyDOOGQU
I found this specific loading0.mus file in the Music1.viv named Holler folder. Weird how Foobar2000 plays it just fine. You're suppose to use either BIGGUI or Dragon Unpacker first to unpack whatever song in the music folder first then use the NBA asf player or extractor on them. https://streamable.com/aihfn Same for for Def Jam Vendetta Japan version .MUS files. However, If you use NBA asf extractor on the music file, You'll get access to the actual songs instead of just the stage themes.

MaouYumisu
ultra-n00b

Post by MaouYumisu » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:39 am

Henchman800 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:24 pm
MaouYumisu wrote:

EDIT:

As far as the SFX/Speech(This one has .asf in it) files go, I'd advise just using dragon unpacker to drag them out of the .viv then use the NHL ASF extractor or player to extract the .dat files.
A bit offtopic but If you did not know, Snoop Dogg has 2 hidden outfits that were originally supposed to be used in the game at some point. Its his pimp outfit in V2IP(Name is V2IP_126B. Its recommended to extract the demo version of this because it's more compatible wiith the final version as far as imporing it in the game goes)/V2IP_CIN(This one in V2IP_126D. Its pimp snoop without the hat.)

Henchman800
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Henchman800 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:24 pm

MaouYumisu wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:39 am
As far as the SFX/Speech(This one has .asf in it) files go, I'd advise just using dragon unpacker to drag them out of the .viv then use the NHL ASF extractor or player to extract the .dat files.
Good to know! Thanks :)
MaouYumisu wrote:
A bit offtopic but If you did not know, Snoop Dogg has 2 hidden outfits that were originally supposed to be used in the game at some point. Its his pimp outfit in V2IP(Name is V2IP_126B. Its recommended to extract the demo version of this because it's more compatible wiith the final version as far as imporing it in the game goes)/V2IP_CIN(This one in V2IP_126D. Its pimp snoop without the hat.)
Nice! I didn't know that!
Is there a way to rip these models without ninja ripper via gamecube?

MaouYumisu
ultra-n00b

Post by MaouYumisu » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:22 am

Henchman800 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:24 pm
MaouYumisu wrote:
Good to know! Thanks :)
MaouYumisu wrote:
Nice! I didn't know that!
Is there a way to rip these models without ninja ripper via gamecube?
Oh god we don't mention that abomination that is Ninjaripper when it comes to dolphin/pcsx2 model ripping. Its horrible. You can try a program called 3dripper DX for gamecube games. They'll rip the entire stage including the character models. I believe someone already ripped the FFNY models and converted them to .OBJ format https://p3dm.ru/xfsearch/Def+Jam%3A+Fig ... NY/page/2/ . However the models might be stretched so you'll have to fix that. Password for the program is ripper. I'm still looking for something to extract Def Jam Vendetta S-Word and Dabo models from Japan Vendetta since they are a ps2 exclusive, which sucks for 3d model ripping.

Henchman800
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Henchman800 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:15 am

Sick!
Yeah i know about the 3dripper method. A friend ripped the characters for me.

Have you tried contacting the ripper from p3dm.ru?

MaouYumisu
ultra-n00b

Post by MaouYumisu » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:28 am

Henchman800 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:15 am
Sick!

I have not because I'm not sure if he speaks English. I'm willing to pay him 5-10$ if he can rip the character models from Def Jam Vendetta Japan version. Can he rig the characters? If anyone does have a rigged model of S-Word and Dabo I'm willing to pay for both of them.

MaouYumisu
ultra-n00b

Post by MaouYumisu » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:57 am

Henchman800 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:15 am
Sick!

Actually I want to rip the standing animations from the game from FFNY characters like Snoop Dogg so I can use them for VRChat but I have no clue where they are located honestly

Henchman800
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Henchman800 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Maybe its time to open a new topic in 2d/3d models....we strained far from audio now.

MaouYumisu
ultra-n00b

Post by MaouYumisu » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:31 pm

Henchman800 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 pm
Maybe its time to open a new topic in 2d/3d models....we strained far from audio now.
You can do that now since I don't think there's much else to cover in the audio section of both Fight for NY and Vendetta besides finding out how to open this Loading0.mus file. Actually, I did notice in some of the speech.viv files(If I recall correctly)that there are cut voice lines that did go unused now that I think about it. There's voicelines that indicate that Rollins was supposed to be your sparring partner and a reference in the tutorial that Method Man asks what style you fight.