Offtopic: Into Commodore 64 (6502) coding, pixeling or music?
Xentax is looking for new members for the C64 activities!
Just drop us a message at forum@xentax.com and join the Scene Team!

Forum rules: Click here

Something wrong with the Wolf Among Us voice files.

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Kerem123
beginner

Something wrong with the Wolf Among Us voice files.

Post by Kerem123 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:25 pm

We are making a dubbing project to Wolf Among Us with my team. But there is something wrong with the voice clips.
We extracted the ttarch files with the ttarch extractor. All of the voice files are .wav and they are not playing.
But it doesn't matter or important. When we changed the files with our .wav voice files and give a repack, the voice clip didn't played in the game. I think there's something wrong with the game's voice clips. And our .wav files may not be same with them I don't know.
This is only happened in Wolf Among Us. And our method was working good on the other Telltale games. So please if anyone knows something about it. Help. Here's one of the the game's orginal voice clips that we extracted : http://www.mediafire.com/file/4137f0glz ... 8.rar/file

Pingu
veteran

Re: Something wrong with the Wolf Among Us voice files.

Post by Pingu » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:50 pm

There is nothing wrong with this file. It's not a wav file, it's an FSB version 4, which is why it isn't playing. Whenever you're ripping/modding, your extension won't ever normally matter, because the data may be different (like this for example). To decode, use foobar2000 + vgmstream component, which both of can be found here:
http://foobar2000.org

Rename to fsb and drop it in.

In order to re-pack files properly, you need to create most likely a PCM wav, and re-encode back to a FSB version 4 file. FFMPEG may have this capability, but don't quote me on that as I've never used it before. Also, I believe that the file for repacking needs to be the same size or small than the original file that was in the game's archive.

Puterboy1
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Something wrong with the Wolf Among Us voice files.

Post by Puterboy1 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:11 pm

Pingu wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:50 pm
There is nothing wrong with this file. It's not a wav file, it's an FSB version 4, which is why it isn't playing. Whenever you're ripping/modding, your extension won't ever normally matter, because the data may be different (like this for example). To decode, use foobar2000 + vgmstream component, which both of can be found here:
http://foobar2000.org

Rename to fsb and drop it in.

In order to re-pack files properly, you need to create most likely a PCM wav, and re-encode back to a FSB version 4 file. FFMPEG may have this capability, but don't quote me on that as I've never used it before. Also, I believe that the file for repacking needs to be the same size or small than the original file that was in the game's archive.
You can also use ToWav.