READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Ninja Gaiden 3 (NG3) / Dead or Alive 5 (DOA5) noesis script.

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
blablukura
ultra-n00b

Re: Ninja Gaiden 3 (NG3) / Dead or Alive 5 (DOA5) noesis scr

Post by blablukura » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:26 am

Darko wrote:
The tutorial is similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA0tTKvXxrs

Just check where the pivot of the mesh you want to position is and you will figure out on what bone you have to allign with (using alt+a in max and check pivot on both current object and target objet and also check x,y,z axis). Some times you'll need to rotate your object, also check the rotation axis.
thanks for your explanation, I've been trying to use aligning tool too but it didn't work. for example, the file AYA_COS_04, I tried to align WGT_face (the face mesh) with the bone WGT_face, and this is what I get Image
I also tried to align it with other bones too like neck, head, faceroot.....and even the body mesh...with many different settings for the Aligning too ( center, pivot point....) but it always ended up messed. What am I doing wrong ? It just doesnt work like in the tutorial with that model.....
for this mesh I can somehow move it manually to fit but sometimes for the hair, doing it manually cant make it perfectly fit .... so I'm really want to learn how to reposition it in the correct way

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:08 pm

blablukura wrote:
Darko wrote:
The tutorial is similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA0tTKvXxrs

Just check where the pivot of the mesh you want to position is and you will figure out on what bone you have to allign with (using alt+a in max and check pivot on both current object and target objet and also check x,y,z axis). Some times you'll need to rotate your object, also check the rotation axis.
thanks for your explanation, I've been trying to use aligning tool too but it didn't work. for example, the file AYA_COS_04, I tried to align WGT_face (the face mesh) with the bone WGT_face, and this is what I get Image
I also tried to align it with other bones too like neck, head, faceroot.....and even the body mesh...with many different settings for the Aligning too ( center, pivot point....) but it always ended up messed. What am I doing wrong ? It just doesnt work like in the tutorial with that model.....
for this mesh I can somehow move it manually to fit but sometimes for the hair, doing it manually cant make it perfectly fit .... so I'm really want to learn how to reposition it in the correct way
Which model is that??

blablukura
ultra-n00b

Post by blablukura » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Darko wrote:
Which model is that??
Its AYA_COS_04.tmc (.gmd) . Most of the character models of ng3re also have this wrong position mesh problem. I m not so good withax so I dont know any othe way to fix this

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:09 pm

blablukura wrote:
Darko wrote:
Which model is that??
Its AYA_COS_04.tmc (.gmd) . Most of the character models of ng3re also have this wrong position mesh problem. I m not so good withax so I dont know any othe way to fix this
Ok, normally the body goes alligned with hips. There's a model that has rotation problem, allign it with hips (also check the rotation options), and the mesh will be rotated 90 on your x axis. Just select your mesh, go to your modifier window, select the skin modifier, roll down until you find the advance parameters, uncheck always deforms, after that, select the rotation snap and rotate 90 grades on your x axis.

For the head in that model:

Select it, then let's check the pivot point:

From that pivot point We can assume that we can not use the head or neck as a reference for the position or our mesh. Let's Use hips:

We're near, but the mesh position is not correct yet, then let's try this bone:

The bone is: WGT_acs_hair_b_1

Here is the result:

The head now is in the correct position. In this case, rotation wasn't needed.

Now the hair alligned with the Head bone (MOT01_Head):

And back hair alligned with the same bone:

Now the model is correctly assembled:

The next step, make a a new folder for your proyect, copy your tmc and tmcl files there (do not use the original files) because we're going to modiy the tmcl file by reinjecting back the geometry.

Back in max, with our model correctly assembled, Run the stick it back script, open the tmcl file inside of your project folder and just hit yes when it asks if you want to replace it. Start by selecting the meshes you located (one by one) and select inject vertices. Repeat the process until you have finished. The scene and the model you imported export it to whatever.smd (I use body) using am smd plugin exporter. Now, in Noesis, we're going to have something like this:

Export it as .obj with the next options:

Import your new model in max, without importing the OPTblur meshes, assign textures, attach all your meshes in only one mesh, convert to editable mesh, enter in vertex selection mode, select all your vertices and weld them by 0.001 to smooth the model. Export it as whatever.smd inside your project folder and we're almost done.

Download rig-o-matic by hunter from my skydrive (thanks to the resident evil modding forum)

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=FFBE4E57 ... 49FCBE!177

Unpack, run the executable and where it says source model, select the first model you exported (the one with skeleton and the skin modifier). where It says unrigged, we're going to select the model you exported from the modified tmcl. Click on the rig button and It will start the process. The process can last from 2 or 3 minutes until 1 hour (depending how complex your model is). After that, you're going to get a secondmodelnameexported_rigged.smd. At this point we're done. Just Import your rigged model in max and reassign textures and that's all.

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:17 pm

And this is how ayane looks like with bones in noesis after all the process:

aagems
advanced

Post by aagems » Thu May 02, 2013 11:11 am

Sorry,stupid question. Can i use,for example hitomi head+hair from demo version to hitomi body from free dlc?can it works?and how to assemble head part and body part into full body in 3ds max so they become one part?can anyone give me tutorial?all help i apreciate :)
Great things require hard work!!

GDL
advanced

Post by GDL » Thu May 02, 2013 4:47 pm

aagems wrote:Sorry,stupid question. Can i use,for example hitomi head+hair from demo version to hitomi body from free dlc?can it works?and how to assemble head part and body part into full body in 3ds max so they become one part?can anyone give me tutorial?all help i apreciate :)
This is similar to what happens with models from other games that handle body and head separately, check the second post of this thread I think it will help you:

http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,478.0.html

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko » Fri May 03, 2013 2:19 am

aagems wrote:Sorry,stupid question. Can i use,for example hitomi head+hair from demo version to hitomi body from free dlc?can it works?and how to assemble head part and body part into full body in 3ds max so they become one part?can anyone give me tutorial?all help i apreciate :)
Supposedly Yeah, It should work, just rename the root bone (the bone where all the bones are parented) to the model's head name.

synce
n00b

Post by synce » Fri May 03, 2013 5:32 am

Can someone help, I'm trying to extract the models from DOA5's latest bikini pack on PS3 (to use with XNALara) but I ran into a problem.

I used the scripts in DOA5 Tool v201 to get the files out of the DLC, everything went fine except it can't rename the files. I can see the TMC files in a hex editor but not the TMCL files, and they won't open in Noesis either. Does that mean they're not properly decrypted? Is my Noesis plugin outdated?

Kasumi's TMC: 2Q963R1@131@CE1G]]I1835D2164F1PQ107MF1{R72161J
Maybe her TMCL: BQA73R1@131@DF1]H]C1834E21644F1PQ104MF1{R72161J

Both the TMC and TMCL hex data looked like gibberish before running the scripts, but not anymore

UPDATE: Found out the problem, I didn't place the plugin in the py subfolder. After doing so, I get this error when opening the TMC:

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Noesis Python Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\noesisv40798\plugins\python\doa5_360.py", line 341, in tmcLoadModel
    vbase = VtxLay[vindex]
IndexError: list index out of range
UPDATE 2: Tried all the other TMCL files with matching names but same error
UPDATE 3: Tried ver1.4 of the plugin (was using 1.5) and the error disappeared, the TMC loads, but there's no model. I give up :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kamillho
veteran

Post by Kamillho » Fri May 03, 2013 8:16 pm

How extract DOA5 demo models?

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko » Fri May 03, 2013 9:34 pm

synce wrote:Can someone help, I'm trying to extract the models from DOA5's latest bikini pack on PS3 (to use with XNALara) but I ran into a problem.

I used the scripts in DOA5 Tool v201 to get the files out of the DLC, everything went fine except it can't rename the files. I can see the TMC files in a hex editor but not the TMCL files, and they won't open in Noesis either. Does that mean they're not properly decrypted? Is my Noesis plugin outdated?

Kasumi's TMC: 2Q963R1@131@CE1G]]I1835D2164F1PQ107MF1{R72161J
Maybe her TMCL: BQA73R1@131@DF1]H]C1834E21644F1PQ104MF1{R72161J

Both the TMC and TMCL hex data looked like gibberish before running the scripts, but not anymore

UPDATE: Found out the problem, I didn't place the plugin in the py subfolder. After doing so, I get this error when opening the TMC:

Code: Select all

Noesis Python Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\noesisv40798\plugins\python\doa5_360.py", line 341, in tmcLoadModel
    vbase = VtxLay[vindex]
IndexError: list index out of range
UPDATE 2: Tried all the other TMCL files with matching names but same error
UPDATE 3: Tried ver1.4 of the plugin (was using 1.5) and the error disappeared, the TMC loads, but there's no model. I give up :P
Different format, or at least there are some differences. I had tried with ps3 files some time ago.

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny » Sat May 04, 2013 1:21 pm

synce wrote:the TMC loads, but there's no model. I give up :P
afaik there are no tools that understand the ps3 tmc's, tough you can extract them.

aagems
advanced

Post by aagems » Sat May 04, 2013 5:01 pm

GDL wrote:
This is similar to what happens with models from other games that handle body and head separately, check the second post of this thread I think it will help you:

http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,478.0.html
Ok,thanks for the info :D

aagems
advanced

Post by aagems » Sun May 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Can anyone reupload simple_doa5_unpacker.zip in page 28 to another file hosting?my ISP having a problem downloading from rghost.net. And for latest dlc (hottie swimsuit+zack island),i always had an error when opening it in noesis.Anyone got the same problem? i'm unpacking it using doa 5 tool from zaykho mediafire folder,and even in earliest dlc some file doesnt named correctly.

please help..

zaykho
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by zaykho » Tue May 07, 2013 7:52 pm

aagems wrote:Can anyone reupload simple_doa5_unpacker.zip in page 28 to another file hosting?my ISP having a problem downloading from rghost.net. And for latest dlc (hottie swimsuit+zack island),i always had an error when opening it in noesis.Anyone got the same problem? i'm unpacking it using doa 5 tool from zaykho mediafire folder,and even in earliest dlc some file doesnt named correctly.

please help..
Let me take a look at this, (long time didn't mod some doa) I will see if I can update my tool to the latest name & unpacking function that other users has created.

I think I have the "simple_doa5_unpacker.zip" that you want:

Go here -->
http://www.mediafire.com/?sbd2c9r8ok3u3

And choose DOA5 - Simple DOA5 Unpacker (February 17 2013).zip