The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

Dark Souls FLV file

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
TehDave
advanced

Re: Dark Souls FLV file

Post by TehDave » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:36 am

Oh okay. would be cool to eventually get support for exporting an actual skeleton or model and then importing back into the game though.

Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Doctor Loboto » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:26 am

Okay, simple question I haven't found the answer to thus far. How does one export the models of the enemies WITH UV's? The Noesis script outputs the OBJ's pretty much perfectly save for a few that just cough up errors upon loading. Specifically I've managed to get Pinwheel extracted as well as Gwyn, but neither have UV's. I'd like to have them for good reference and renders. I don't need bones or animations, just the UV's. I've got the textures extracted properly as well...so can anyone help?

Basically, I want to convert the models without bones or animations and just the basic mesh and textures applied. How do I do this?

TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:21 pm

It should export with UVs, as it will display the textures correctly if they are present in the same folder as the model.

Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Doctor Loboto » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:43 pm

Really? I can't seem to make it work. The textures never show on the model in Noesis and I can't figure out what extension they need to be after extracting them properly. They end up as DDS files and they're able to be viewed with a standard image editor with that capability. Can someone inform me on how to get the textures to show and export correctly in Noesis? Am I using an outdated script?

Or do you mean the 010 templates? Unfortunately I have no idea how to export OBJ's with them after I run the templates on flver files...I really need some help.

Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Doctor Loboto » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Okay...been a while. I hate to double post but I've gotten absolutely nowhere with any means of extraction when it comes to having UV's for the models. I can get the models themselves, and textures, but no such luck with applying them together. Could someone PLEASE educate me on how to do so? If you want to keep it a secret though, this whole issue for me would be simple as giving me the model of Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, via PM or something...

nyxo
advanced

Post by nyxo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:58 pm

This isn't a conspiracy to keep anything secret^^
It's more an issue of people having the time to go in-depth with explanations that have, to my knowledge, been mostly done already, or to do the actual extracting that you're requesting.

Also, since I'm here and posting, an update on DSMODT:
I'm hoping within the next couple months to do the next release. Some highlights of what's been added (this is not even close to an exhaustive list):
* Viewing of characters composed of "parts" (this includes the player character, and most NPCs) - this allows you to "dress up" an avatar to see what it'd look like wearing certain armour pieces, without having to get them in-game.
* Really basic editing functionality. This is deliberately being restricted to simple things so that I can focus my bug fixing efforts on the basics before I expose more functionality and complicate matters. I'm going to want a couple of serious beta testers for this feature before I make this release. However I don't need them right -now-. I'll likely put out the call on twitter, but I might come here and post as well~
* Automatic loading of in-game names for much of the content.

Once I have all of the viewing features in, I'm hoping to make much more frequent releases as I iterate on the editing functionality based on community feedback and my own testing. On that note, once this release is out, almost all of the viewing features I want will be implemented, however I'm considering audio.

On a similar note, once I've gotten all of the viewing features I want in, I'll probably put together another package of 010 Editor Templates, as many of the templates have been updated, and there are a few new ones as well.
~Nyxo~
||| Twitter ||| Youtube |||

TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:35 am

Looking forward to it! Model replacements should be fun to mess with, I hope it's as user friendly as binding a custom mesh to whatever skeleton in a 3D modelling program, and then inserting it into the game. Porting Demon's Souls stuff to Dark Souls should be great fun.

nyxo
advanced

Post by nyxo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:31 pm

Yeah, I'm hoping to make it as user-friendly as possible.
~Nyxo~
||| Twitter ||| Youtube |||

dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:12 pm

I have a question for zaramot. you happen to have a script similar to that for demons souls but that does not create the error with the skeleton? I managed to find a way to have animations.

zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:59 pm

You mean script for Dark Souls 1 PC version? I've had for xbox-360, I guess PC version is the same except endianness. So, if you send me few PC files, then I can try to figure out something
Making model-import scripts, PM

dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:12 am

perfect. I can send you all PC files you want if you are interested.

zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:28 pm

Sure, no need for all of them lol But few characters models and monsters would be great xD
Making model-import scripts, PM

dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:47 am

here are all models of the game. I took them all because some can not I import them but I do not remember what! I hope you have help! http://www.mediafire.com/download/r6xjl ... part+1.rar

dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:18 pm

any news?

dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

I would not be insistent zaramot, but I need that script as soon as possible! and if I ask, have you solved the problems with the script of demons' soul? you managed to do in the way that the skeleton has errors?