READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
lpss
ultra-n00b

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Post by lpss » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:49 am

So, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is powered by the CDC Engine, the same engine that powers Tomb Raider: Underworld. There's a program that extracts the compressed files from the BIG files, but apparently Eidos Montreal changed the way files are compressed, so the program does not support the BIG files from Deus Ex. I can't code, so I'm unable to add support to Deus Ex, but I thought maybe one of you guys could try to do add support to the program.

You can download the unpacker source files here: http://www.volny.cz/pavlicd/UnpackTRU/U ... .96Src.zip

Hope you guys can come up with something! :D

saladbeard
ultra-n00b

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Post by saladbeard » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:01 pm

I tried ripping models with 3D ripper dx but no luck so far... it says "ready to capture" as usual, but nothing happens when you try to "capture", and when you quit the applicaton simply crashes... I'm hoping they are aware of this problem, but it seems a bit hopeless to me :( I wish someone would come up with something, I'm nowhere near qualified or smart enough to solve this

SLIFallen
advanced

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Post by SLIFallen » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:12 pm

If you go to the 3dripper forums and look for a thread regarding Deus Ex HR (cant seem to get the url to work in my reply for some reason, my apologies)

You will see that I believe it is Steam itself doing it (causing 3dripper not to work). I have done extensive testing over many months with multile games (and different game engines mind you) and the one thing in common is Steam. Note Steam DID work with 3dripper for a time, as long as you configured the game pathing correctly in 3dripper. But all the sudden it simply stopped working. I believe Steam is actively looking (or detecting) 3Dripper dll's are running, -OR- they simply made changes that now prevent 3dripper from becoming active "Ready to capture" not displayed, nor functional) I dont know which. Sorry for lamenting about another apps problems here, but thier forums are D-E-A-D....dead!