READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Mafia II 3D models.

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
huckleberrypie
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Mafia II 3D models.

Post by huckleberrypie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:35 pm

OK, so I decided to bring this up just in case some of you peeps are still interested in modding Mafia II; the Mafia modding scene seems to be a little stale nowadays, so why not spark things up a little?

OK, I'm no reverse-engineer, but from what I've observed most of the dynamic objects ingame are controlled by skeletal animation (even the cars have bones, which is a PITA since Zmodeler, a modeling tool usually used for ingame vehicles, does not support skeletal anims afaik). The only other thing that still bothers me is that we haven't managed to make a workable exporter for us to make custom meshes. I mean like come on, the guys at GTAF have ported the San Andreas map to IV, and yet we only managed to retexture stuff and shove LUA scripts to Mafia?

SLIFallen
advanced

Re: Mafia II 3D models.

Post by SLIFallen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:18 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:OK, so I decided to bring this up just in case some of you peeps are still interested in modding Mafia II; the Mafia modding scene seems to be a little stale nowadays, so why not spark things up a little?

OK, I'm no reverse-engineer, but from what I've observed most of the dynamic objects ingame are controlled by skeletal animation (even the cars have bones, which is a PITA since Zmodeler, a modeling tool usually used for ingame vehicles, does not support skeletal anims afaik). The only other thing that still bothers me is that we haven't managed to make a workable exporter for us to make custom meshes. I mean like come on, the guys at GTAF have ported the San Andreas map to IV, and yet we only managed to retexture stuff and shove LUA scripts to Mafia?

Ummmmm..... http://cg.forexperts.ru/en/2011/01/conv ... afia-2-en/

huckleberrypie
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Mafia II 3D models.

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:48 am

Yeah, but that only allows you to convert from Mafia II, not to the game.