Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Kindom Hearts 2 Texture Importing

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
tdm111
ultra-n00b

Kindom Hearts 2 Texture Importing

Post by tdm111 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:25 am

So is it at all feasible to import textures into the Kingdom Hearts 2 models, similarly to the GTA IV tool? I looked around the forum some and there is support for ripping the models, but I didn't find any for recompiling on the ISO.

More specifically to my purposes, I want to upscale the textures. When upscaling the game in PCSX2 I can get very clear and sharp models, but the textures are stretched with less than optimal interpolation to maintain a playable frame rate. So the farther I upscale the worse the textures look. If I could hard upscale the textures using Bicubic or Lanczos interpolation then I wouldn't have to balance the model's quality with the texture's as much. I've unpacked the KH2.IMG file, granting me access to the obj folder, and have the means to repack it. But I need to alter the textures on the models.

NOTE: I fully admit to being a n00b here and in this field, so thank you in advance to anyone willing to work with me on this. This is obviously of low importance, but I don't have the know-how to even guess where to begin on this.

Xemnass
advanced

Re: Kindom Hearts 2 Texture Importing

Post by Xemnass » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Unfortunately, nowaday there isn't any recompiler XD =D
My Signature:

Image Image Image

動力 馳森林熾!!! __物昨森林棋?!

finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:21 pm

and have the means to repack it
So basically you have the means to re-pack the data (whether successfully or not is another issue), but you can't get it back onto the image?

tdm111
ultra-n00b

Post by tdm111 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:15 am

finale00 wrote:So basically you have the means to re-pack the data (whether successfully or not is another issue), but you can't get it back onto the image?
I Haven't tested it personally yet, but Xeeynamo posted a packer on his blog that seems to be working for others. And getting it back in the ISO file is child's play. What I need is some way to alter the textures. I think it is part pf the *.mdlx files, but I'm not sure on that even.

jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Good luck :wink:

finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:14 pm

I probably read your post wrong. And probably the guy that replied first.
but I didn't find any for recompiling on the ISO.