Page 52 of 134

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:49 pm
by khanbot
hi guys
is it possible to extract stuff from ps3 version of doa5u?
thanks :)

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:18 pm
by b0ny
aagems wrote:B0ny,is tool/blender script or model importer for doa2 dreamcast/doa2 hardcore (PS2) exist?on previous page in this topic(can't remember which page)you share an extractor for *.bin package for doa2 ps2,i wonder if you can make an importer for doa2 model, that would be awesome :D
the models format is unknown. not sure if there is a easy way to import models in ps2 version, i'll see what i can do but i'm short in time right now.
khanbot wrote:hi guys
is it possible to extract stuff from ps3 version of doa5u?
thanks :)
afaik, no. i had a look for myself in ps3 models and i didn't like what i've seen, i even couldn't find the vertices to load in blender.

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:46 am
by khanbot
aww :(
the game looks better visually on ps3 but idk if thats just me. but anyways, thanks.

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:53 am
by b0ny
khanbot wrote:aww :(
the game looks better visually on ps3 but idk if thats just me. but anyways, thanks.
the difference is all about better shaders, they use the same models for both games(afaik)

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:06 pm
by aagems
b0ny wrote:the models format is unknown. not sure if there is a easy way to import models in ps2 version, i'll see what i can do but i'm short in time right now.
thanks for your attention on my request b0ny, i'll be patient since i know youre very busy with other project.if dreamcast version is more easier to figure it out,then dreamcast version is okay (since i have both version),also if you need a sample for dreamcast version, i'll be happy to help :D

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:41 pm
by b0ny
aagems wrote:
b0ny wrote:the models format is unknown. not sure if there is a easy way to import models in ps2 version, i'll see what i can do but i'm short in time right now.
thanks for your attention on my request b0ny, i'll be patient since i know youre very busy with other project.if dreamcast version is more easier to figure it out,then dreamcast version is okay (since i have both version),also if you need a sample for dreamcast version, i'll be happy to help :D
i have found my old unfinished scripts where i tried to import doa2 for ps2 and dreamcast in blender. i couldn't reverse the formats :(
i remember they used some kind of compression for vertices, also strange format for textures and other things i don't remember now...,
researching on these formats took me a lot of time with zero results :(

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:18 pm
by Protocol X27
b0ny wrote: [Protocol X27]
dxt5 is storing the alpha for each color channel thus it's twice as bigger as dxt1, thus to replace a dxt1 texture with a dxt5 texture you have to divide one of it's sides by two. but with swizzled textures it's even worse, the swizzled data is not proportional to the unswizzled one, thus (afaik) the dxt5 swizzled texture data can be more then 4 times bigger than dxt1 swizzled texture data. but why would you care, just press the little 'X' button and select what side in your opinion is better to keep and which to shorten.

but to enable the transparency correctly in the game, i think you should still edit the material flags or something(not sure about that)
Thanks for the update to this. I might be doing something incorrect because in Noesis I'm getting a strange tiling with my initial test.

I have by default a 1024 x 512 DXT1. I have saved it as a .tga with an alpha channel. So do I need to save my image with dimensions cut in half? ie 512x512 for width/yes or 1024 x256 for height/no?

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:12 pm
by b0ny
Protocol X27 wrote: Thanks for the update to this. I might be doing something incorrect because in Noesis I'm getting a strange tiling with my initial test.
you can't judge by noesis script coz it doesn't handle untilled textures, have you tried it actually in the game?
Protocol X27 wrote: I have by default a 1024 x 512 DXT1. I have saved it as a .tga with an alpha channel. So do I need to save my image with dimensions cut in half? ie 512x512 for width/yes or 1024 x256 for height/no?
the dimensions and the format doesn't matter, for alpha you can use tga or png, the injector will transform the image automatically(rescaling it to required dimensions).

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:06 pm
by Protocol X27
b0ny wrote:
Protocol X27 wrote: Thanks for the update to this. I might be doing something incorrect because in Noesis I'm getting a strange tiling with my initial test.
you can't judge by noesis script coz it doesn't handle untilled textures, have you tried it actually in the game?
Thanks, no I have not yet. I will try that next, and I'll post screen caps if that doesn't do the trick. I didn't realize there was a variance between Noesis and the end result.

Edit:
Okay, looks like the conversion worked. On the image I tested the width corrupted something, weird normal / mip map problem, but the height worked just fine. As you said there is still something else related to the alpha channel to activate transparency Any chance you know what values relate to that? If it's stored in the .tmc in the TTX section, I suppose it'd be a trial and error process to test values from one that does have alpha activated :-/

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:42 am
by b0ny
Protocol X27 wrote:... values relate to that? If it's stored in the .tmc in the TTX section, ...
you have to enable transparency for the materials that use that texture. i could make all the materials, that contain the converted texture, transparent, in the texture extractor itself. but this will kill all the fun, wouldn't it?

TMCmattransparentTemplate.bt

this is a template for a hex editor called "sweetscape 010 editor". run this template on TMC files to hilight the values(material transparency flag) you need to edit.

0. pirate the 010 editor. open both, the tmc file and this template, in it. press <F5> to run the template, and select the right template and the right tmc
1. search for all occurrences of the name of needed texture in the "Template Results" window
2. click on it
3. edit it. you can do this direcly in the hex view, or you can click that little plus button in template results view to expand it and change it's value from 0 to 1
4 save the file

Image

(if this will work i could patch the texture extractor to do this automatically)

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:29 am
by Protocol X27
Nice,

Well I have a version of that app, I don't know anything about though. I ran the template against a couple of tmc's and got an error: "*ERROR Line 95: Unsupported custom attribute 'name'. "

It appears to be version 3.1. Any chance that the version is off, or is it possibly something else?

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:19 am
by b0ny
[Protocol X27]
my bad. i forgot to mention that it's for version 4>

[edit]
doa5ng3_360.py

another noesis script for doa5. handles unswizzled textures. same as in chrox's script it only loads the locations and uvs for meshes. also it uses translation matrices to fix position\orientation for the model objects.

seems that the rpg functions are hungry for ram, and i have a request: can you check the ram consumption for noesis while opening some big doa5 stages with this script.

p.s. bad news i have found that archivarius is unpacking some files incompletely, like "hayabusa boss costume 1 tmcl" and "leifang costume 5 tmcl". there should be more, i haven't tested them all :(

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:20 am
by Lilstormcloud
don't sweat the small stuff

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:05 am
by b0ny
Lilstormcloud wrote:This is similar to that post on coregrafx which showed the same process.

assuming that there are no other differences then the next step the coregrafx example showed was a modification in the objinfo block.
i need to have a look that post. any chance that you have saved it to your hdd or something?

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:31 am
by Lilstormcloud
Here ya
:?