READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
eduardowsad
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:50 pm

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by eduardowsad » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:41 am

Hi, finally i can import the animation from blender to 3dmax

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:46 pm
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Protocol X27 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Heh,

Well this topic is dead, lol. May as well zombify it for a second. I have written a couple of utilities for assistance with DOAX3 Vita content.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ad1x1gpi ... r_V1.0.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iextc19lk ... r_V1.0.zip

GXT Ripper is for getting the textures. Suit Helper is for extracting container data. If you place the data in Hex2Obj correctly, you can extract the .objs from the containers. No weights, but everything appears scaled correctly, so if you have any experience with the PC files & Blender, applying weights takes minimal work.

Many thanks to xperiagenerator for GXT explanation and to raidergale & dazzy for explaining how to use Hex2Obj.

Good luck! :)

RobhG
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by RobhG » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Protocol X27 wrote:Heh,

Well this topic is dead, lol. May as well zombify it for a second. I have written a couple of utilities for assistance with DOAX3 Vita content.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ad1x1gpi ... r_V1.0.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iextc19lk ... r_V1.0.zip

GXT Ripper is for getting the textures. Suit Helper is for extracting container data. If you place the data in Hex2Obj correctly, you can extract the .objs from the containers. No weights, but everything appears scaled correctly, so if you have any experience with the PC files & Blender, applying weights takes minimal work.

Many thanks to xperiagenerator for GXT explanation and to raidergale & dazzy for explaining how to use Hex2Obj.

Good luck! :)
Any idea how to extract the models from the DOA2 PS2 or Dreamcast?. Obj?

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:46 pm
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Protocol X27 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:19 pm

RobhG wrote: Any idea how to extract the models from the DOA2 PS2 or Dreamcast?. Obj?
My knowledge only goes as far back as DOA2U on Xbox, but even then I've forgotten alot and only got as far as swapping textures a decade ago. I'm not sure who'd be the leading expert on that. I remember it involved AFS files and some xpr breaker utility.

RobhG
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by RobhG » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Protocol X27 wrote:
RobhG wrote: Any idea how to extract the models from the DOA2 PS2 or Dreamcast?. Obj?
My knowledge only goes as far back as DOA2U on Xbox, but even then I've forgotten alot and only got as far as swapping textures a decade ago. I'm not sure who'd be the leading expert on that. I remember it involved AFS files and some xpr breaker utility.
But the dead or alive 2 PS2, has an extractor that removes all the files of the original format, I even got to host these files in this link, analyzed the files and follows below on them:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x6alwwt03 ... re+ps2.rar

Aya00.psp is the 3D model!
Aya00.tgs is the textures!


Conclusion note of analysis: analyzing models, stages, sounds, needed to verify which file was the texture and which was the 3d model, then it was enough to verify the phases, since the stages can not have bones, only the mesh and the textures, was then Which I confirmed, in the phase folder contains only 2 files, .tgs and .psp, although I have hosted only the ayane model as extraction test.

User avatar
spartanmark6
ultra-n00b
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 2:11 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by spartanmark6 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:43 pm

Does anyone know how to import models from Dead Or Alive Paradise on the PSP? I have used the BMS script by Fatduck (RIP) and tried to use his Fatimporter script for 3DS Max. Unfortunately, I am unable to import a majority of the models since the script was really never finished way back when. I keep getting errors even when using a really old version of 3DS Max. All I really want is to have Rio's model since she was the only one exclusive to Paradise. If anyone knows how to fix the script or has the models on his/her HD I would be grateful if he/she could send them to me. If there is also a working Noesis script to import the models, I would be perfectly content with that as well. I am not even sure if I care if the models are rigged or not. I just want them in a t-pose since I cannot figure out how to do that in Ninja Ripper. I have been struggling with this for almost a week now and I would be happy if this could be resolved. I know that Xentax and this thread is pretty much dead now, but hopefully I can get some real help instead of the vague and unhelpful responses that I got previously.

Thanks,
spartanmark6

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Darko » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:36 pm

spartanmark6 wrote:Does anyone know how to import models from Dead Or Alive Paradise on the PSP? I have used the BMS script by Fatduck (RIP) and tried to use his Fatimporter script for 3DS Max. Unfortunately, I am unable to import a majority of the models since the script was really never finished way back when. I keep getting errors even when using a really old version of 3DS Max. All I really want is to have Rio's model since she was the only one exclusive to Paradise. If anyone knows how to fix the script or has the models on his/her HD I would be grateful if he/she could send them to me. If there is also a working Noesis script to import the models, I would be perfectly content with that as well. I am not even sure if I care if the models are rigged or not. I just want them in a t-pose since I cannot figure out how to do that in Ninja Ripper. I have been struggling with this for almost a week now and I would be happy if this could be resolved. I know that Xentax and this thread is pretty much dead now, but hopefully I can get some real help instead of the vague and unhelpful responses that I got previously.

Thanks,
spartanmark6
Using fat duck's max script.
Image

Farphignougen
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:35 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Farphignougen » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:12 am

Dead or Alive 6 came out a few days ago, and I'm the one dredging up this thread. Does that mean no one with know-how is interested in picking apart the new game?

GDL
advanced
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by GDL » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:28 pm

It seems that someone at the LL forum already developed a tool to extract the *.rdb files to start analyzing the contents :scaredy:

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Darko » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:28 pm

Image

User avatar
Sreliata
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:04 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Sreliata » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Hello Hello!

I was wondering if anyone (by any chance!) still has the tools to get the models from 'Dead or Alive online'? :scaredy:
Or maybe even DoAX2? With files? I always hoped to get those models at one point, and sadly can't find anything online anymore.

Post Reply