Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Protocol X27 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:35 am

Lot's of awesome news for Last Round today, and some not so awesome.

Looks like quite a bit of content is withheld for next gen, so not sure how long it'll take before those kind of mods happen.

At least current gen will still get costumes & characters through an update, but that'll likely mean that DLC character stuff could still reside in the in the patch files and not the core. :(

Alpha snaps to Lisa minus the finger nails still. Need to find a work around for that.

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:42 am

Let's see how much time it takes to them to put everything from PS4 and one in a whole DLC for 360 and PS3 versions.

Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:09 am

They'd probably be so lazy that they'll just leave the extra content in and later "add" it via a dlc unlock key.

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:31 am

That may only work if the digital version has it in the core files, otherwise I don't see core game files being included. :(

Ros or LSC, can't remember if I missed the response on this last time or didn't get one. Do we know what all 11 groups are in a single vertex buffer? (X,Y,Z, ??, Bone Weight, Bone ID, UV ?? , Dirt/Water ?? , Dirt/Water ?? , ?? , ??)

I finally have some of that stuff included for next snapper version, but want to make sure I have the right labels.

Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:33 am

Prot.
As I know, there was 3 UV coordinates in a vertex buffer. they were all identical and first one was one for diffuse map as I could see.
Mario's script brings it for 3rd one, but noesis does it for 1st one. I simply fixed them all when I wanted to change UV. I didn't think about them deeply.

The one after xyz is one for vertex normal.
The one next to bone ID is not UV. It controls textures in someways, but I don't know what it is exactly.

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:42 am

Thanks, Ros

Good to know about the Normal since I wasn't sure which one it was. Whatever that one between the UV & bone id is, it's still consistent across models for the most part since I was originally using that to find common values.

Even with replacing bone weights though I still get some verts pulling away from a seam. Any other possible value in the vertex buff that may influence that?

Other than some more basic testing, I should have a new version soon. ( will actually read text files this time, lol)

ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:31 am

Would anyone mind doing a recap of the current tools/process for extraction and getting the models into blender/max? Working backwards through 79 pages of discussion to find the proper tools is rather daunting (and I've tried twice now). Not looking for any hand-holding just the outline. Like, is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZoyg7Od9I0 still valid or are there newer tools?

Also, from what I've read it seems like you're using DoA5 and DLC and not DoA5U (360 version). Correct?

I hate coming into something this late in the game. Thanks for any help in getting me up to speed.

Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:27 pm

Prot,

I think I saw unwanted seam-breaking even I matched xyz and weight once.
I simply fixed it by undoing what I did, lol. I didn't figure out what it was.
And sometimes very little crack appears on same condition, but I fix it by crossing over vertices.

But if you are talking about seam on the neck, I have another kind of solution.
I'll tell you about it if it is about the neck.

Anyway, were you able to find encryptor?
And.. that star looks nice.
It seems that you are making your snapper to work with txt files. I think it's just good as it is. I'm afraid of getting slower like bodyshop, which is using txt files.
the snapper is very useful just as current version, but if you are trying to upgrade it, I'll be looking forward it.

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:47 pm

ssringo wrote:Would anyone mind doing a recap of the current tools/process for extraction and getting the models into blender/max? Working backwards through 79 pages of discussion to find the proper tools is rather daunting (and I've tried twice now). Not looking for any hand-holding just the outline. Like, is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZoyg7Od9I0 still valid or are there newer tools?

Also, from what I've read it seems like you're using DoA5 and DLC and not DoA5U (360 version). Correct?

I hate coming into something this late in the game. Thanks for any help in getting me up to speed.
At least the good thing about jumping in later is avoiding the delay of waiting for things to be solved. Here's the nutshell version

Archivarius
- for extracting containers (.blp/.lnk)

Max Scripts
- TMC Praser for importing containers into 3dsmax
- XNALara-XPS import/export for converting to mesh.ascii

Blender Scripts
- mesh.ascii Import & Export scripts

Noesis
- doa/ng python script for exporting .obj needed for UV's that don't export from 3dsmax correctly

The process works for vanilla or ultimate models. I think most people use ultimate unless they have a preference not to. XD

Ask away if you need elaboration on any of that. :)

Thanks, Ros, eh the star isn't deserved, I'm still just a noob, lol.

The seam I have is on the torso between two mesh pieces. Somehow the weights still cause pull away. I'll have to try something else. For some reason it doesn't seem helpful to swap weights 'before' doing the bone subbing with the other one. Found some snags last night, so running a couple more things down.

ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:30 am

Thank you for the summary Protocol. Hopefully I can get stuff working this weekend. Only question I have is regarding the XNALara script. Is that the old one that spits out errors but still exports or the new(er) one that mariokart (I believe) released last year (iirc)?

Also, folks can point other newbies to your post to get them up to speed. Thank you again.

zdth648
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead or Alive tools

Post by zdth648 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:51 am

Modman69 wrote:Here's what I have :)

http://www.filesonic.com/file/579880651/Toolbox.rar
thank u so much.I'm also looking for them.coque sony xperia z3 pas cher etui sony xperia z3 haut de qualité
Last edited by zdth648 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:31 am

- Seam on the neck.
Sometimes very thin crack(seam),looking like dotted line, appears on the neck when the neck is bent extremely backward.
It appears even in original models, not only on modded one.

Basically that happens for the difference of weight values between body and face meshes.
Weight value in the face mesh has 0~10.0 value as float.
But the value in the body mesh has 0~FF, just as hex.

So the values in the body mesh cannot be set accurately like face mesh.
For example something like 1/2 and 1/2.
FF(255) cannot be divided into half exactly.
So there can be tiny mismatch.

In that case, the easiest way to fix the seam is to swap numbers.
If the values are set 7F, 80, then try to simply set them all as 80, 7F along the neck-ring.
That would be able to fix the seam on the neck when the neck is bent backward.

Generally the weight values in the neck-ring are set 7F and 80.

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:38 am

@ssringo, No problem. Do you mean the 3dsmax exporter? I'm still using the one I've had for a couple of years. It does through errors pertaining to the UV layers or something, but still exports fine. If there is a newer one, I was not aware of it.

@Rosalin, My seam is usually around the belly button from where a inject a partial torso mesh that still has the legs which then get squashed out of sight. The original torso gets squashed and leaves the legs. In certain situations, the seam twists and expands. That was a good call about overlapping, that seem to improve the appearance if I didn't completely squash the first ring of first of each hidden part.

The swapping of weights makes sense too. I'll have to work on a Vertex Finder/Swapper feature on the next run since I'm not motivated enough to find them manually..

Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:04 am

Well.. I can't fully understand what it means. I wish I could see that what it is.

Anyway as I know, there can't be any mismatch of mesh shape if the weight and bone IDs are kept well,. theologically..

I could check it together if you send me that file.

Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Applying SMAA to a screenshot.

SMAA is a anti-aliasing algorithm, and an improved version of MLAA.
This is combination of two tools(DirectX image viewer + injectSMAA 1.2)

1. Move your image file to same folder with DirectX image viewer.
2. Width or height of your image should not be bigger than your screen resolution. So rotate it if you need.
And if you set your screen resolution 1280x720, then it will be ideal.
3. Drag and drop your image to DX9IV.exe.
4. Press PrintScreen Key and Alt+F4
5. Then you'll get an anti-aliased BMP file in the folder.

You can sharpen your image in Photoshop if you think it's blurry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.