READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
MisterNatal
advanced
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:53 am
Has thanked: 4 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by MisterNatal » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:08 am

Darko wrote:
MisterNatal wrote:could I get some help on getting the heads into 3ds max with correct bone-weights? im using the blender method of importing to blender and exporting as .fbx but that isn't working for me :C
Are you sure??

I even got Nyo Tengu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9UKV1JJM-Q

In any case which character you want??

For bony:

Can you check Nyo Tengu Costume 02?? I used your script but both sleeves bones are missing.
well im working on Momiji's Legacy outfit at the moment so that would be greatly appreciated !

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Darko » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:34 pm

MisterNatal wrote:
Darko wrote:
MisterNatal wrote:could I get some help on getting the heads into 3ds max with correct bone-weights? im using the blender method of importing to blender and exporting as .fbx but that isn't working for me :C
Are you sure??

I even got Nyo Tengu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9UKV1JJM-Q

In any case which character you want??

For bony:

Can you check Nyo Tengu Costume 02?? I used your script but both sleeves bones are missing.
well im working on Momiji's Legacy outfit at the moment so that would be greatly appreciated !
xna lara in any case??
Image

User avatar
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:38 am
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Rosalin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:40 pm

Darko wrote:
MisterNatal wrote:could I get some help on getting the heads into 3ds max with correct bone-weights? im using the blender method of importing to blender and exporting as .fbx but that isn't working for me :C
Are you sure??

I even got Nyo Tengu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9UKV1JJM-Q

In any case which character you want??

For bony:

Can you check Nyo Tengu Costume 02?? I used your script but both sleeves bones are missing.
How about using red latex suit and changing texture color to black?
I didn't tried yet but.. well.. I think it will be working.

@lsc
That's wonderful job!

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Darko » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Rosalin wrote:
Darko wrote:
MisterNatal wrote:could I get some help on getting the heads into 3ds max with correct bone-weights? im using the blender method of importing to blender and exporting as .fbx but that isn't working for me :C
Are you sure??

I even got Nyo Tengu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9UKV1JJM-Q

In any case which character you want??

For bony:

Can you check Nyo Tengu Costume 02?? I used your script but both sleeves bones are missing.
How about using red latex suit and changing texture color to black?
I didn't tried yet but.. well.. I think it will be working.

@lsc
That's wonderful job!
Yep, I thought about that, It's worth of trying it.
Image

MisterNatal
advanced
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:53 am
Has thanked: 4 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by MisterNatal » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:25 pm

Darko wrote: xna lara in any case??
yeah Dx atleeast untill i get the whole posing in 3ds max down

User avatar
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 163 times
Contact:

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by mariokart64n » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:36 am

didnt get anything done on DOA this weekend, worked a bit on another project which I'm now slamming my head into >_<

I'll get back onto DOA sometime this week, I was planning to make a script designed for constructing new geometry in the game

I'm also looking into maybe adding PS3 support, so we can get models from the Sigma series

in the mean while I thought I would share pics of my collection :) I'm missing a few here and there and some were digital only so dont have any fancy cases.

oddly enough I'm missing all of the fatal frame games :'( I would start collecting but there rare and expensive to get not looking like it was found out of a garbage can :\

If you got a collection please share, I would love to see some of the past game cover art and so on :)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Research: [DOA2U] [DOA5U]

Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Lilstormcloud » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:51 am

Lol!
IS that a original Dreamcast DOA2?

Duuuuude :D

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Darko » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:59 am

So much win in Mario's post

Image
Image

tcl36478655
beginner
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:22 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by tcl36478655 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:12 am

Lilstormcloud wrote:Some stuff about the index buffer.

Can probably try to delete objects,

or fill up hollow parts of models:
by pasting in the vertex and manually writing in the index, but seems like a very slow + boring process.

The problem with copy and pasting in mass is that everything is all over the place. One min we're at the foot, next min the index is at the neck. any copy + pasting will probably over write parts you don't want to over write and end up messing up parts.

though the majority seem to be grouped pretty well, but there'll probably still be several splits in the middle of a block of continuous IDs. (Several changes :cry: )
Maybe I'm just being lazy.

Image
may use lisa's body then correct the position and bone id of every points be faster...? :eek:

@mario
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL.........

Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Lilstormcloud » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:07 am

Can do that already very easily though, and there's the problem of not enough points on lisa 4 to make the perfect shape.

It's a longer process yes, maybe around 18 modifications for each tmcl.

1) +-18 modifications in target tmcl index + vertex buffer to delete un-needed geometry.
2) +-18 modifications in source tmcl index + vertex buffer to extract required geometry.
reason I say 18 because the model I'm working with has 18 breaks in vertex ID.

e.g 1, 2, 3, 4, 10 11, 12, 40 41, 42, etc....

3) conversion of bone IDs from source to target.

If just use lisa and correct every ID then only have to do "3)"

Might be faster if just write in extra vertex + index into lisa 4 to make the body more detailed.

So far I delete the upper body of phase 4, want to insert a full upper body and make top transparent :P


Image

User avatar
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:38 am
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Rosalin » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 am

@mario
That means you have at least 7 consoles! :-o
epic win!

MisterNatal
advanced
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:53 am
Has thanked: 4 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by MisterNatal » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:44 pm

Lilstormcloud wrote:Can do that already very easily though, and there's the problem of not enough points on lisa 4 to make the perfect shape.

It's a longer process yes, maybe around 18 modifications for each tmcl.

1) +-18 modifications in target tmcl index + vertex buffer to delete un-needed geometry.
2) +-18 modifications in source tmcl index + vertex buffer to extract required geometry.
reason I say 18 because the model I'm working with has 18 breaks in vertex ID.

e.g 1, 2, 3, 4, 10 11, 12, 40 41, 42, etc....

3) conversion of bone IDs from source to target.

If just use lisa and correct every ID then only have to do "3)"

Might be faster if just write in extra vertex + index into lisa 4 to make the body more detailed.

So far I delete the upper body of phase 4, want to insert a full upper body and make top transparent :P


Image
Is this still for Kasumi/P4 or another character? because you know, Momiji, Hitomi, Ayane, Kasumi, Phase-4 all have that school girl swimsuit LOL

kasake
n00b
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 am
Has thanked: 11 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by kasake » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:45 pm

So I've extracted the Nyotengu debut costumes, but where are you guys getting her face, original costume, and her latex body suit skins? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? BTW I am using mikulover39's latest doa5Uarchivarius.dat and b0ny's doa5Uarchivarius(17b) files.

This is what I'm getting when I open the .bin file on the nyotengu package:
Image

I'm assuming face and other costumes are the highlighted files? When extracted, those are not useable with Noesis. :/

EDIT: Okay so I just tried getting Phase 4 and Marie Rose's original costume, and I can't find those either... Perhaps I'm opening the wrong .bin files >_>. Could someone point in me the right direction for the original costume and faces for these dlc characters?

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Darko » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:52 pm

kasake wrote:So I've extracted the Nyotengu debut costumes, but where are you guys getting her face, original costume, and her latex body suit skins? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? BTW I am using mikulover39's latest doa5Uarchivarius.dat and b0ny's doa5Uarchivarius(17b) files.

This is what I'm getting when I open the .bin file on the nyotengu package:
Image

I'm assuming face and other costumes are the highlighted files? When extracted, those are not useable with Noesis. :/

EDIT: Okay so I just tried getting Phase 4 and Marie Rose's original costume, and I can't find those either... Perhaps I'm opening the wrong .bin files >_>. Could someone point in me the right direction for the original costume and faces for these dlc characters?
Extract both bin files, fro Nyotengu there are missing cotumes.
Image

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:46 pm
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Protocol X27 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:42 am

@kasaka, the Nyotengu defaults are in the patch.bin file.

@lsc, so what's missing with lisa's geometry if it isn't suitable for modifying? So did you manually null out the P4 top, or is it one of the anomalies that actually has more than one body mesh?

@b0ny, miku or whoever can help. Is there a newer version of the texture extractor I'm missing? I still cannot export the --H & --HL versions from v16 or any other version I have. As far as I know archivarius is dumping them correctly.

Post Reply