READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Protocol X27 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:55 am

@sf234, Ah, I feel like a noob for not noticing that they followed that order. Thanks!

@b0ny, so does the order from the .bcm represent the order of the files or characters in the .bin?

I was hoping to move a costume over to another character with the right identifier and costume count, but doing that even once jacks up nearly all DLC. Anyone know if the patch files or some other file contains a tentative list of slots on a per character basis?

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:53 am

Protocol X27 wrote:@b0ny, so does the order from the .bcm represent the order of the files or characters in the .bin?
no, it just gives you the names. tough i have somewhere a script that automatically finds the tmc->tmcl pairs. you guys really should start scripting/coding this helps a lot in automation of the routine processes that you have to repeat many times(and python is a priceless helper for this).
Protocol X27 wrote:I was hoping to move a costume over to another character with the right identifier and costume count, but doing that even once jacks up nearly all DLC.
try leave only one costume in bcm deleting the rest of them(you can post the hex content of the needed bcm here and i'll do this for you). and test if this works and opens only the given costume slot

sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:32 am

Protocol X27

Code: Select all

Start of BCM
XX : DLC Grouping				DLC for TU 1.09 works within range 03..06
XX : ??						    always 00 for 5U DLC
XX : Number of costumes				
XX : Checksum					= (char1id*cos1id+char2id*cos2id+..+charNid*cosNid) mod FF

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:48 am

@sf234, Excellent!

A couple of notes pertaining to that find. I tried modding the checksum to FF, and it still locked out the DLC. If I did use the formula correctly it did work again. Since it's limited to 1 byte and some check values exceed FF, it seems that the final check sum value is as follows ( 0x01 23) >> (01 + 23) >> 0x24

So I did a test with the new DLC with an attempt to move a costume from Tina to Rachel. Tina now did not have a costume slot, but Rachel did BUT none of Rachel's costumes would load after that. Is there any other information that may be expecting slots on a per character basis?

Also, is this the checksum that needs to be edited to get the first three DLC's working again with uncompressed files?

@lsc, I started attempting some manual vert injection. Starting with drawing a face between existing verts. I added what I thought were the correct indices at the end of the correct index group, but it was drawing a face in a completely different spot. The mesh group is last in the WGT_body, which is the first 2C group in the costume. I used the Vert numbers in 3dsmax and converted them. Any suggestions?

Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:12 am

@prot
simply, use this max script code.

vCount = $.selectedVerts[1].index
and this excel file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:13 am

Try what Roslin suggested,

if not work then let us know some more detail. could just be the wrong spot or miscalc somewhere.

here are a few suggestions in mean time.

1. Blank out other mesh groups that you're not using to single out the place you're working with.

2. If you're getting connections on different vertices than expected, Identify what the IDs are for those connections and compare them with the IDs where they're supposed to be (are you higher or lower).

a few tests should establish where something has gone wrong, more often than not it's an error somewhere. I had the exact same thing happen to me at the start lol

sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:30 pm

Protocol X27 wrote:Is there any other information that may be expecting slots on a per character basis?
Names in .bin file. For example, if you change slot from 00 to 01 then all names for (CHARACTER)_DLCU_001 must be replaced with (CHARACTER)_DLCU_002. At least it works for .--P (dlicon) file, but the game either crashes or gets stuck on the loading screen when costume in new slot is selected. Seems there is some other data that must be changed.
Protocol X27 wrote: Also, is this the checksum that needs to be edited to get the first three DLC's working again with uncompressed files?
Unlikely.

MisterNatal
advanced

Post by MisterNatal » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Does anyone still lurkin' here use MMD? I've seen some great and not so great things done with it but I don't really understand how it works.... :\

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:19 am

@ros, lsc

I had the values right except the (-1), I think have more of an issue putting the new values in the correct spot and knowing how many values there should be like the FF FF, etc. Originally I but the 3 values... 1CD2 1CD4 1CD6 at the end of the index group. That was drawing a face from the last vert to the others... I then tried adding them after the first occurrence of 1CD2, I think the face is almost in the right spot, but it's still flipped, and I think off by a vert. How do I know where I should insert values?

@sf234

Would it seem likely that changing a costume from charA_DLCU_001 to charB_DLCU_001, would have the same effect?

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:03 am

MisterNatal wrote:Does anyone still lurkin' here use MMD? I've seen some great and not so great things done with it but I don't really understand how it works.... :\
Miku Miku Dance?? Are you referring to the videos I've uploaded??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE9yq5IuIaI

I made a tutorial here explaining how to import doa5u models in 3ds max and I'm gonna post a tutorial explaining how to map any biped skeleton character to mmd, It's pretty simple and the process is very similar to what you do in 3d exchange or motion builder.

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:07 am

just a note. this:

is the version of the file list. you know that inside the 'xbe' file there is a file list that describes the names/sizes/encryption of all files. but with every patch they change this file list by adding/deleting files from it, so after every patch some files get a different position in this list. doa5 vanila had version 0 after first patch it was 1 and after the second patch it got 2, doa5u came with version 3 and so on. you can find the position of a file in a certain version of the file list by looking in the blp file(which contains info about position of containing files inside the file list).
so, if you want to swap a costume in dlc, you should also change it's info inside the blp file, and one of the important parts is it's position in the given file list. you have a chance to find a position relatively to the position you know. like(for example) in blp you have costume_01 at position 500, then you have a look at the existing file list and find that costume_02 is 4 files away from costume_01 and you can presume that costume_02 is at position 504.
so, when swapping costumes(with new costume slots) you have also to guess the new positions in the file table, to fix them in the blp....

Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:14 pm

@Prot

Do you remember what I told you about [CCW-CW-CCW-CW] before?
download/file.php?id=7968

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:34 am

@b0ny, that's what I was thinkin'. I haven't made any progress with patch stuff yet.

@ros, Thanks, I tend to forget, if a long time lapses in between working on some stuff. So I need to switch the values the face itself seems flipped inward, should that be solved be changing them as your image suggests?

Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:34 am

@Prot
exactly.
If you want to start a face with clock wise order indices, for example a,b,c,... then you just make it b,a,b,c...
then it will face right side.

sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:31 pm

b0ny
b0ny wrote:just a note. this:

is the version of the file list.
Well, seems the game reads this value from .bcm only for purpose of filtering old/non-existing DLCs since changing this value within 03..06 range doesn't affect game in any visible way. For example, I changed the "Police" DLC's .bcm from 06 to 03 and it works just fine.
As for the file name position - you're right. Just swapping positions for tmc/tmcl files was enough for the game to load costume in new slot.

Protocol X27
Protocol X27 wrote: Would it seem likely that changing a costume from charA_DLCU_001 to charB_DLCU_001, would have the same effect?
Didn't tried it yet, but I think effect will be the same.

--------------------

Made a small program for .bcm files editing.
Credit for characters IDs goes to b0ny.
viewtopic.php?p=101431#p101431
Last edited by sf234 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.