Any graphics artist looking for something different? Why not join us and create 8-bit graphics in the C64 scene! Click here for more info.
Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Friedslick6
advanced
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:11 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by Friedslick6 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:32 pm

That is some epic stuff.
Have you released this modification online, or do you plan to release it?
Last edited by Friedslick6 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
szfzafa
advanced
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:46 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by szfzafa » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Friedslick6 wrote:That is some epic stuff.
Have you released this modifiication online, or do you plan to release it?
Not yet. My code are quite messy and i'm not doing it quite right.
If you must known, I'll paste here.

Code: Select all

//texcache.cpp

//only dump this from ogl renderer. for now, softrasterizer creates things in an incompatible pixel format

//#define DEBUG_DUMP_TEXTURE//szfzafa

 

 

//gfx3d.h

//szfzafa

extern unsigned char szfzafadumpmodelmark;

void gfx3d_szfzafadumpmodels();

 

//gfx3d.cpp

unsigned char szfzafadumpmodelmark=0;//szfzafa

static void gfx3d_doFlush()

{

     //szfzafa

         if(szfzafadumpmodelmark)

         gfx3d_szfzafadumpmodels();

     //szfzafa

         gfx3d.frameCtr++;

……

 

//szfzafa:dump models!

//-------------savestate

 

void gfx3d_szfzafadumpmodels()

{

     if(gfx3d.vertlist->count>4&&gfx3d.polylist->count>1)

         szfzafadumpmodelmark=0;

     else

         {

                   printf("szfzafa ripping failed~\n");

         return;

     }

 

     FILE *file;

     if ((file = fopen("c:\\dump\\szfzafa.obj","wb")) == NULL)

         return;

     //dump the render lists

         printf("szfzafa ripping %d verts %d polys~\n",gfx3d.vertlist->count,gfx3d.polylist->count);

     for(int i=0;i<gfx3d.vertlist->count;i++)

     {

          //fprintf(file,"v\t%f\t%f\t%f\t%f\n",gfx3d.vertlist->list[i].x,gfx3d.vertlist->list[i].y,gfx3d.vertlist->list[i].z,gfx3d.vertlist->list[i].w);

                   fprintf(file,"v\t%f\t%f\t%f\t%f\n",

              gfx3d.vertlist->list[i].y*3.0/-32.0,

              gfx3d.vertlist->list[i].x/8.0,

              gfx3d.vertlist->list[i].z/-2.0,

              gfx3d.vertlist->list[i].w);

         //fprintf(file,"vt\t%f\t%f\n",gfx3d.vertlist->list[i].u,gfx3d.vertlist->list[i].v);

                   fprintf(file,"vt\t%f\t%f\n",gfx3d.vertlist->list[i].u,-gfx3d.vertlist->list[i].v);

     }

     

     //char szfzafatex[32];

         u32 szfzafapa1=gfx3d.polylist->list[0].polyAttr;

     u32 szfzafapa2=gfx3d.polylist->list[0].texPalette;

     u32 szfzafapa3=gfx3d.polylist->list[0].texParam;

     fprintf(file,"g\t%x_%x_%x\n",szfzafapa1,szfzafapa2,szfzafapa3);

     //printf("usemtl\t%x\n",szfzafapa);

         for(int i=0;i<gfx3d.polylist->count;i++)

     {

         if(szfzafapa1!=gfx3d.polylist->list[i].polyAttr||

              szfzafapa2!=gfx3d.polylist->list[i].texPalette||

              szfzafapa3!=gfx3d.polylist->list[i].texParam)

         {

              szfzafapa1=gfx3d.polylist->list[i].polyAttr;

              szfzafapa2=gfx3d.polylist->list[i].texPalette;

              szfzafapa3=gfx3d.polylist->list[i].texParam;

              fprintf(file,"g\t%x_%x_%x\n",szfzafapa1,szfzafapa2,szfzafapa3);

         }

         switch(gfx3d.polylist->list[i].type)

         {

         case 4:  fprintf(file,"f\t%d/%d\t%d/%d\t%d/%d\t%d/%d\n",

                       1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[0],1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[0],

                       1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[1],1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[1],

                       1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[2],1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[2],

                       1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[3],1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[3]);

              break;

         case 3:  fprintf(file,"f\t%d/%d\t%d/%d\t%d/%d\n",

                       1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[0],1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[0],

                       1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[1],1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[1],

                       1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[2],1+gfx3d.polylist->list[i].vertIndexes[2]);

              break;

         default:;

         }

     }

     fclose(file);

}

So as u can c, I did almost nothing. It's DeSmuMe's author and other coders online who contributes, i was just going with the flow..

User avatar
szfzafa
advanced
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:46 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by szfzafa » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:18 pm

Nathen41 wrote:I have Tried on an older computer~

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 3800+
2.00 GHz, 1 gig of ram

Geforce GT 220
1 gig ddr3~

i tried the most recent build of pcsx2 <0.9.7> r3876

used the ZeroGS 0.97.1 plugin Default~

i tried and this is what i got~

Image

ALSO i would like to note that even tho the UV's were fudged a little bit, i was able to fix them with a little work~

they were upside down and about 1/4 the size~ ( an Accurate guesstimation~)

Textures on the other hand were Messed up beyond repair~ they were like.... 8092 x 1 pixels.

im still trying some stuff out atm~
Could u say how you fixed the UV and textures in more details,
or anyone know this, plz?

The Chief
veteran
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:44 am
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by The Chief » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Jus curius szfzafa the script that you put ¿How i can use that?
i mean how i can run the script? there is a option called run
scripting on the emulator but iam not sure if its that.

User avatar
Nathen41
advanced
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:35 am
Location: Under Your Pillow
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by Nathen41 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:04 pm

szfzafa wrote:
Nathen41 wrote:I have Tried on an older computer~

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 3800+
2.00 GHz, 1 gig of ram

Geforce GT 220
1 gig ddr3~

i tried the most recent build of pcsx2 <0.9.7> r3876

used the ZeroGS 0.97.1 plugin Default~

i tried and this is what i got~

Image

ALSO i would like to note that even tho the UV's were fudged a little bit, i was able to fix them with a little work~

they were upside down and about 1/4 the size~ ( an Accurate guesstimation~)

Textures on the other hand were Messed up beyond repair~ they were like.... 8092 x 1 pixels.

im still trying some stuff out atm~
Could u say how you fixed the UV and textures in more details,
or anyone know this, plz?

From what i can see. it differs from game to game~ Inuyasha just happens to be a game that the uvs somewhat Stay in place~
Nathen41 A.K.A Unaisis of Fenrir

User avatar
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:23 am
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by Rimbros » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Good point szfzafa and good tutorial too, only the be clear this advance in DeSmuME (NDSemulator) its not for PS2 Games only to NDS games, but szfzafa tell the GSplugin its open source and can be modified, in the past mariokart64 post here its necesary forget any help from the GSplugins Original Developers, then the only way i see its found a man with the hability to modify the GSplugin.
Renders Art by Rimbros
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn12 ... E/Renders/

Personal Game repository samples, send PM

FurryFan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:37 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by FurryFan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:28 am

This guide is very iffy as EVERY file is given the same header "MEM", this is unique to this game but not save states.
Here is the guide, please download, as viewing it in a web browser will warp the lines.

http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/file/ ... action.txt

Since Rimbros gave me a link to files from disc, I'll write an exact guide that does not use "Furry Logic" (Fuzzy logic)
when I have time.
I accept ALL requests. Let me know your requests.

Ares722
veteran
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:15 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by Ares722 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:20 pm

FurryFan wrote:This guide is very iffy as EVERY file is given the same header "MEM", this is unique to this game but not save states.
Here is the guide, please download, as viewing it in a web browser will warp the lines.

http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/file/ ... action.txt

Since Rimbros gave me a link to files from disc, I'll write an exact guide that does not use "Furry Logic" (Fuzzy logic)
when I have time.
Really amazing guide thanks furryfan....so this should work with many ps2 games emulated in Pcsx2, right?
I will try it with with Zone of the enders 2 models,......extract these models are becoming my sweet obsession. :D
(I tried probably with all possible tools but no one works... even combining 2 flat meshes into max...... :( )

FurryFan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:37 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by FurryFan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Ares722 wrote:
FurryFan wrote:This guide is very iffy as EVERY file is given the same header "MEM", this is unique to this game but not save states.
Here is the guide, please download, as viewing it in a web browser will warp the lines.

http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/file/ ... action.txt

Since Rimbros gave me a link to files from disc, I'll write an exact guide that does not use "Furry Logic" (Fuzzy logic)
when I have time.
Really amazing guide thanks furryfan....so this should work with many ps2 games emulated in Pcsx2, right?
I will try it with with Zone of the enders 2 models,......extract these models are becoming my sweet obsession. :D
(I tried probably with all possible tools but no one works... even combining 2 flat meshes into max...... :( )
What I wrote in that file was specific to the game Saint Seyian only (however it is spelled), it would not work with any other game. The vast majority of a save state and ALL of the 32MB main RAM section are game and PS2 console specific and have nothing to do with an emulator. The Savestate does not know it is made by an emulator. You could take Saint Seyian savestates right from the console (probably need a modifed console) and use the same guide.
I accept ALL requests. Let me know your requests.

User avatar
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:23 am
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by Rimbros » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Well i try, i not good with this but i try bro.
Well i descompresed the savestate with winrar, and now the size of the file its 40mb, i try open this with cheatengine 6.0 and i have this window.

Image
Last edited by Rimbros on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renders Art by Rimbros
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn12 ... E/Renders/

Personal Game repository samples, send PM

poofacetherisen
n00b
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:02 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by poofacetherisen » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:59 pm

ultimaespio wrote:You have to be kidding me :eek:

Well my OBJ files are 0kb :P

Managed to dump a scene from FFX. No UVs. Oh well.
"ultimaespio" your trying to get the FFX models and textures? Use yaz0r's ffxdumper to extract them from the ISO.

Models for FFX
http://www.squarecn.com/ff/downloadshow.asp?ID=2851
Models for FFX-2
http://www.squarecn.com/ff/downloadshow.asp?ID=2852
The models are from some Chinese site and the download rate is slow as kcuf!
But you can search their file names in "google" and find a 4shared one that is at their rates.

FFView is here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5mtonowzodj
FFXFFX-2ModelsTools.exe (Self-extractor)
http://www.4shared.com/file/xheD1ynn/FF ... Tools.html
Searching for this was such a bitch a few months ago. One problem about this program is they are extracted as .objs.

FEATHER
advanced
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:47 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by FEATHER » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:47 am

The Chief wrote:Jus curius szfzafa the script that you put ¿How i can use that?
i mean how i can run the script? there is a option called run
scripting on the emulator but iam not sure if its that.
As i suppose you are talking about File/Lua script/new Lua script, then select the script and press "run", sadly the script will be stopped...

I found the "szfzafa" blog but i can't leave a message for now...

ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:55 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by ultimaespio » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:23 am

poofacetherisen wrote:
ultimaespio wrote:You have to be kidding me :eek:

Well my OBJ files are 0kb :P

Managed to dump a scene from FFX. No UVs. Oh well.
"ultimaespio" your trying to get the FFX models and textures? Use yaz0r's ffxdumper to extract them from the ISO.

Models for FFX
http://www.squarecn.com/ff/downloadshow.asp?ID=2851
Models for FFX-2
http://www.squarecn.com/ff/downloadshow.asp?ID=2852
The models are from some Chinese site and the download rate is slow as kcuf!
But you can search their file names in "google" and find a 4shared one that is at their rates.

FFView is here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5mtonowzodj
FFXFFX-2ModelsTools.exe (Self-extractor)
http://www.4shared.com/file/xheD1ynn/FF ... Tools.html
Searching for this was such a bitch a few months ago. One problem about this program is they are extracted as .objs.
Oh nono I know that, I used FFX as a test to see if it worked, I didn't have any other game to use at the time.

DarkScion
veteran
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:41 am

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by DarkScion » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Hey guys,
One a previous post in this thread, someone stated they would be willing to rip models for people. I have shinkon gattai godannar, a mech fighting game, and I have been trying to rip models from it using 3d ripper DX and 3d via. I can't though, as I found out, because I can't use the ZeroGS KOSMOS plugin (My stupid computer has a crappy graphics card, which doesn't support pixelshader 2.0). Can someone get the models of the pink female mech and the purple female mech for me? The pink one you get automatically, and can rip it in the free battle mode. The purple one you have to unlock, by playing the story mode for a while. The game is in japanese, but it is easy to figure out. The main screen is set up like this:

Story Mode Free Battle Mode



Settings Memory Card

also, saving the game is simple:
pick yes on the first option when it comes up in story mode, then click yes again.

I know all of you are very busy, but would anyone have the time to do this for me? Thanks

inferry
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by inferry » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:40 am

Hi guys (and ladies, I don't know), nice to meet you, amazing stuff you have done here.

So if I understand well:
3Dvia can get nearly to flat meshes, they can be scaled but UV's are meshed up.
3Dripper get flat meshses but UV's usually tent to be more in order.
FEATHER wrote:
The Chief wrote:Jus curius szfzafa the script that you put ¿How i can use that?
i mean how i can run the script? there is a option called run
scripting on the emulator but iam not sure if its that.
As i suppose you are talking about File/Lua script/new Lua script, then select the script and press "run", sadly the script will be stopped...

I found the "szfzafa" blog but i can't leave a message for now...
But is not a LUA script, you must download the src of DeSmune, after you decompress the .rar, search for these files:
texcache.cpp
gfx3d.h
gfx3d.cpp
their should be under this location: ...\DeSmune 2-7 src\trunk\desmume\src
Then you must modify with the mentioned code, and built the src, for this you may need a compiler.

Go here for a bit of light about this :) .

Thats what I do, however the emulator does not rip nothing for me, and after some rebuilds it just crash, there must be something that I am missing :constipated: .

This line for example: //#define DEBUG_DUMP_TEXTURE
is for dumb the textures but it only work when you have the Ogle render activated, that make the emulator crash(on mi PC).
It is comented on the szfzafa's code but it is comented too in the src, so there is not a real change in the file.
I would assume that it only post a part of the code, but I don't know :-? .

DarkScion:
I second the motion, I want those models too, but I'm gonna give it a try, lets to see what can I get, but you must give me some time, I need to find and get the game first, you could help posting a save file, that way I won't need to go through the game to unlock the model you want :) .

Post Reply