Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
inferry
n00b

Re: PCSX2-3DVIA-3DRIPER How to Rip Last Tread

Post by inferry » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:49 am

Oh, actually is very easy, those *.pac files contains several types of files, and those are very easy to extrac, but there is a type of file among the others, a *.lzs file which encription/compresion metod is not the regular one, so in order to get the real file, you need to figure out the metod they use on such files, that are the ones that suposedly contains the 3D models.
So is more easy to get the data from a save state, actually you can get the model, the bones, the texture, and even the animation files, and since I'm searching for all those tings, thats why I prefer to do it in this way rather than search in the game it self.

DarkScion
veteran

Post by DarkScion » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Sounds good. Keep me posted on how it goes. Although, someone should try to crack the .lzs format, just to make it easier for people who intend to reverse engineer the game.

RacingFreak
veteran

Post by RacingFreak » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:06 pm

I`ve noticed someone posted something about Nintendo DS emulating and ripping from it, but I wanna to know few things:
- is it possible with using savestate to receive .obj file of it?
- is there possible way opening .nds files?
- where to find the last version of NSBMD tool?

Thank you very much, and sorry for the little off-topic. If anyone does know where to find all that stuff, let me know.

DarkScion
veteran

Post by DarkScion » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:09 pm

It is technically possible to extract models and textures, even animations, from any save state. However, the problem is interpreting the data in the save state. I would make a separate thread on the topic you mentioned, and I'm sure a bunch of like-minded people will help you out.

inferry
n00b

Post by inferry » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:36 am

So after a few days of try and fail, I give up with the hex, I am quite sure were the model data is, not about what model is but is 3d data for sure, but without the knowledge to manage it is useles to try something; the good new is that the emulator read the games again, so I'm goin to do some stuff in this tonight.

@RacingFreak
Basically you took 3d data from the file an manually transform in some other format you like, so basically yes, it is posible, but you must know what are you doing, so is a bit har to try.
Yes, search for "DS Lazy" or "NDS Editor" (without quotes) it will allow you to unpack all the files in any NDS file, but the files vary from game to game, you may get raw data from some games as Mario Kart, or get encrypted and/or compressed data from other games, it depends on the company that makes the game.

RacingFreak
veteran

Post by RacingFreak » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:50 am

Thanks mates! I`ve got all that and pretty much worked well, I`ve basicly needed some textures and then if possible models, but the models are usually crappy looking (I mean in NDS racing games).

Now I have question... could it be possible to rip models and especially textures from PCSX2 and PCSX2 savestates? If there`s something with HEX and savestates from PCSX2, that will be great. I`ll try using Rimbros`s settings and will ask for help later :)

Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:43 am

RacingFreak wrote:Thanks mates! I`ve got all that and pretty much worked well, I`ve basicly needed some textures and then if possible models, but the models are usually crappy looking (I mean in NDS racing games).

Now I have question... could it be possible to rip models and especially textures from PCSX2 and PCSX2 savestates? If there`s something with HEX and savestates from PCSX2, that will be great. I`ll try using Rimbros`s settings and will ask for help later :)
Yes u can (not always)....and yes even for the second question. The point is that it's depends from game to game as inferrry said for nds games.
The savestate generally have all you need (raw data in which you can find textures and meshes in t-pose) but in this case you have to extract them (not rip) with an hex editor or cheat engine, but obviously you need to what to do.

szfzafa
advanced

Post by szfzafa » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:45 pm

RacingFreak wrote:I`ve noticed someone posted something about Nintendo DS emulating and ripping from it, but I wanna to know few things:
- where to find the last version of NSBMD tool?

Thank you very much, and sorry for the little off-topic. If anyone does know where to find all that stuff, let me know.
As far as I know, NSBMD tool was written on the limited understanding of the file format, on the author's won. There are many cases in fact that, you can get .nsbmd files for sure, but the tool will turn your meshes in a mess, like cull faces with textures missing/inside out/wrong scales, or the shape is totally a mess.

The best way to get a fine model from NDS at this moment is to dump.

I hope we don't go too far away from the topic, getting PS2 models. I mentioned NDS just for an example.

szfzafa
advanced

Post by szfzafa » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:55 pm

FEATHER wrote:
The Chief wrote:Jus curius szfzafa the script that you put ¿How i can use that?
i mean how i can run the script? there is a option called run
scripting on the emulator but iam not sure if its that.
As i suppose you are talking about File/Lua script/new Lua script, then select the script and press "run", sadly the script will be stopped...

I found the "szfzafa" blog but i can't leave a message for now...
Why?
..So I changed my blog settings. Anonymous comments and message are allowed and welcome. You may PM me in this forum, too.

szfzafa
advanced

Post by szfzafa » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 am

inferry wrote:So, I just look into the the 3Dxml file that alon provide, and as expected it has deep and the perspective issue that szfzafa, SoftIce and others have say already, but the models are there, after somo fast an basic scaling I was able to get this:

I try with the whole set of modeling tools that blender provide to correct the perspective, but they were unefective for this purposes.

As you can see for the front and side views the legs are diferent in volume, this is more notorious on the other character on screen because his... ejem "DD's" looks way to diferent to each other, about the UV's, well, to say the less, their was destroyed, it was like see a chess board, and textures were like the others say, unproportional.

I am about to try the DX stuff to see how the thinks work, at least I could retrieve the textures and give them the "Rimbros" treatment to make them look properly.
Perhaps we have to do the maths on ourselves.
into:

inferry
n00b

Post by inferry » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:11 am

RacingFreak wrote:Now I have question... could it be possible to rip models and especially textures from PCSX2 and PCSX2 savestates? If there`s something with HEX and savestates from PCSX2, that will be great. I`ll try using Rimbros`s settings and will ask for help later :)
If you search back you will find a guide that FurryFan made to rip from a save state of pcsx2 from a game of saint seya, the exact steps only work on this game, but some hints are useful wen triying to rip from other games, you can also check his blog.

@szfzafa
Well that will be one of two solutions.
Make a script to reescale the vertex in funtion of the distance to the front along an axis, or mod the plugin to make an orthogonal proyection of the scene, which is more dificult, but those are not in my posibilities, so I been reading around in order to make a script to make the scaling stuff.

Your diagrams are revealing to me, they give me some ideas, but I need to learn a bit more of pyton scripting to make something meaningful or useful.

And talking of DS, I been triying to make some dumping but the best I can get is vertex data and nothing else, actually you are the first person I know to been able to do it properly.

Ps: By the way what is the name of the character on your avatar?

szfzafa
advanced

Post by szfzafa » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:13 am

inferry wrote:...
Ps: By the way what is the name of the character on your avatar?
I don't know, either :roll:
Check this: http://dancemixer.jp/ It's one of the default sets.

Beefhat
ultra-n00b

Post by Beefhat » Mon May 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Im trying to rip some models from .Hack//GU Vol 2......I have 3d ripper dx, 3d max, pcsx2, and the iso of the game and I've been researching but no where explains what I do to start out....I tried opening pcsx2 with 3d ripper dx but says I dont have the required plugin, so I opened pcsx2 and then ran 3d ripper dx and browsed for the pcsx2 and it closed when I launched so I went to the game and pressed my capture key and it asked to save a .avi? So I did, But Im sure Im going the wrong direction with this.

DarkScion
veteran

Post by DarkScion » Tue May 17, 2011 12:08 am

Inferry, any progress? How's the model scaling coming?

Beefhat
ultra-n00b

Post by Beefhat » Tue May 17, 2011 4:19 am

Ok so I open pcsx2 with ripper.....select my iso and run it and it says something about a gs plugin....but the iso runs fine if I dont run it with ripper, what do I do :( I just wanna get the model out and the skin