Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mrarchitect
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:09 am

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by mrarchitect » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:47 pm

After successfully putting together a nice Aston Martin from Forza 3, I tried rendering the whole thing in Maxwell. Suddenly all the normals went crazy. I've read some posts earlier that there were issues with the normals when importing into 3ds Max but the model looks fine inside my 3ds Max viewport. All nice and smooth... Just when rendering it with Maxwell I get really bad results. Does someone know a way to fix this? Or how to "freeze" the geometry so that other renderers don't mess it up?

mus001
n00b
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by mus001 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:05 pm

No news from forza studio please ?

ko2123
Banned
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:26 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by ko2123 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Image

StillDre
n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:31 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction

Post by StillDre » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi, does anyone know how to extract 2d dvd of Forza 3 and use it files the right way? I could extract 1st one with Noesis and use files with FM Resource Extraction, but 2d dvd haves some other files in Content folder and they all are about 450mb+

Or it hasn't been researched yet? Files are slight different and no zip's like in 1st dvd, it includes Fujimi Nurburg Amalfi and car packs..
I would really like to have Fujimi circuit 3d model, if anyone haves it.. Please send it to my email: just_dre@hotmail.com

MMWsmokey
beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:34 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by MMWsmokey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:24 pm

These 450mb+ files are DLC files, extract them and then open them with wxPirs to extract the content from them .. it all has been discussed in here before. multiple times.


On another note, i think it's safe to assume that there will not be a new forza studo version, at least not anytime soon. it took ernegien only a few days to add support for forza4 lod0 files. now after 5 months no progress at all.

clearly he is busy with more important things, so let's just wait until he posts again. There is no need to ask "any news ?" all the time, there are no news. there wont be news until ernegien posts some news.

StillDre
n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:31 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by StillDre » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:17 pm

MMWsmokey wrote:These 450mb+ files are DLC files, extract them and then open them with wxPirs to extract the content from them .. it all has been discussed in here before. multiple times.
Oh, nice.. Ye sorry, but reading 80 pages with half understanding is not simple. And thanks, i'm verry happy right now :D

Combat
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:29 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by Combat » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:53 am

MMWsmokey wrote: On another note, i think it's safe to assume that there will not be a new forza studo version, at least not anytime soon. it took ernegien only a few days to add support for forza4 lod0 files. now after 5 months no progress at all.

clearly he is busy with more important things, so let's just wait until he posts again. There is no need to ask "any news ?" all the time, there are no news. there wont be news until ernegien posts some news.
Yeah i totally agree with that m8 its the only thing we can do (just wait) im sure he well reply soon wenn he got some spare time left or made some progress with the FMS

bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by bigBear » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:02 pm

At the topiccreator,
I think it's better to post the source code of the UV mapping.
It's very long time now and always still the screwed up UV mapping.
The mesh itself has been investigated very fast within few days or less but the UV mapping problem still remains screwed up.
So why not posting the UV map source code so maybe someone with experience can take a look at it and fix it.

Xarlith
beginner
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 1:32 am
Location: Poland

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by Xarlith » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Can somebody help me extract remaining cars from forza 4? I was using exiso and wxpirs to extract things from dvd1, dvd2. autovista and dlc, but still I don't have some cars. For example I can't find Ferrari FF which I want to convert to another game.

EDIT:
I think I got it.

mrarchitect
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:09 am

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by mrarchitect » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:20 am

Hey!

I know these kind of questions seem bothersome for some of you, but I have a similar problem as the previous post. I have looked through all folders of disc one and two of Forza 4 and I can't find the BMW M5 2012, neither the Aston Martin DB9... I haven't had any problems finding most other cars.

So if one of you could tell me where they are hidden, or if there is a special technique to access them - I would be very thankful.

Cheers!

Xarlith
beginner
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 1:32 am
Location: Poland

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by Xarlith » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Actually, my problem was silly. I didn't know that Ferrari FF is called F142 in forza :eek:.

Looking up to your issue, I think you have not unpacked all.
After extracting things with exiso, there are some packages to extract, especially on DVD2. They are in folder "content", 4 files called for example "4d53091000000001". You have to open them in wxpirs, extract, then extract newly unpacked big zip files with bms script. Inside those zips you will find missing cars and much more. Good luck.

bacarlitos
n00b
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 pm
Has thanked: 21 times

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by bacarlitos » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:46 pm

Hello just a question if someone has the same problem and was able to solve it?
Any help will be apreciate:
I got the following message when I try to convert some .carbin cockpits From Forza 4:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: startIndex
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.BitConverter.ToInt32(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
at System.BitConverter.ToUInt32(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
at ForzaStudio.EndianStream.ReadUInt32()
at ForzaStudio.ForzaCarPart..ctor(ForzaCar parent)
at ForzaStudio.ForzaCar.Initialize(String name, EndianStream stream)
at ForzaStudio.ForzaCar..ctor(String filename)
at ForzaStudio.ForzaStudioForm.mnuOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

User avatar
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 am
Location: Illinois, USA
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 158 times
Contact:

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by Ernegien » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:34 pm

bacarlitos wrote:Hello just a question if someone has the same problem and was able to solve it?
Any help will be apreciate:
I got the following message when I try to convert some .carbin cockpits From Forza 4:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: startIndex
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.BitConverter.ToInt32(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
at System.BitConverter.ToUInt32(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
at ForzaStudio.EndianStream.ReadUInt32()
at ForzaStudio.ForzaCarPart..ctor(ForzaCar parent)
at ForzaStudio.ForzaCar.Initialize(String name, EndianStream stream)
at ForzaStudio.ForzaCar..ctor(String filename)
at ForzaStudio.ForzaStudioForm.mnuOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Please let me know exactly which cars you're having trouble with and where they are located within the game files and I'll see if I can take a look...

bacarlitos
n00b
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 pm
Has thanked: 21 times

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by bacarlitos » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Thank you very much for the quick answer! :)
The wierd problem is that only the cockpits are not extracted the lod0.carbin of each one has no problems at all.
The cars that I'm having problems are:
ACU_66_ARX10b_08
ACU_66_JHARX02a_09
AUD_2_R8_06_
AUD_2_R15TDI_09
BMW_15_LMR_99
FER_F50_95 This one the SLOD was extracted without problems
PAN_11_LMP_03
They are not too much if I found someone more I´ll let you know.
If you need one of my files I can upload it and send you the Link by PM if it is Ok with you.
Thanks again for the quick answer.

gpfan
beginner
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:59 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by gpfan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:41 am

Ernegien wrote:
bacarlitos wrote:Hello just a question if someone has the same problem and was able to solve it?
Any help will be apreciate:
I got the following message when I try to convert some .carbin cockpits From Forza 4:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: startIndex
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.BitConverter.ToInt32(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
at System.BitConverter.ToUInt32(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
at ForzaStudio.EndianStream.ReadUInt32()
at ForzaStudio.ForzaCarPart..ctor(ForzaCar parent)
at ForzaStudio.ForzaCar.Initialize(String name, EndianStream stream)
at ForzaStudio.ForzaCar..ctor(String filename)
at ForzaStudio.ForzaStudioForm.mnuOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Please let me know exactly which cars you're having trouble with and where they are located within the game files and I'll see if I can take a look...
This means you back on track? I realy would like be able to extract the other lods from F4, the uv map to but i think the other remaining LODs are a must have!!

Post Reply