Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

The new guy!

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

The new guy!

Post by pixellegolas » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:41 am

Hi all!

Just wanted to make a formal thread and say hi to you all. This looks to be a really nice place to discuss 3d models and how to de-mystify all those model files that are out there.

For the past 3 years i have ripped alot of games using various 3d rippers and extractors. I love collecting 3d models and look how they where made. So far it has gone quite ok and i have almost been able to rip from all games that i like. These are often korean mmorpg (and other) games like:

Sword of the new world
Lineage 2
Cabal online
Soul of ultimate nation and so on

What all of these have in commin is really nice looking models.

recently the security for online games have increased with hackshield and such so sometimes 3d ripper is canceled witch leave me without models. This forum tackles the problem from another view witch compells me. You can get models that are later in the game so you actually dont have to play it :)

Last year i bought an 3d engine and i love to play around with it. My goal is just to learn how to make games and i prefer to use already made models because i can more quickly set up a map and some models and just play around.

My hopes is that in this forum i can access more models and maybe even some animations. Can you maybe recommend something where there are model + animation? I for example have seen the game ROHAN ONLINE witch has exactly the same animation as Lineage2, total ripoff.

I want to be able to help in some way but my coding experience basicall like this:

Code: Select all

10 print "hello"
20 goto 10
loop
end
And not even that will work :)

I am learning angelscript because the engine uses that so maybe i will be a quick learner.

Well, thats all from me for now

Thanks for reading

Jamesuminator
advanced

Re: The new guy!

Post by Jamesuminator » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:58 am

hey ;D

I do believe we've met on darkmatter ^_^.

pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:47 am

yeah its the same old pixel :) I soon will have a request here because there is a korean game that is impossible to register an account for. So i will download game and see if someone can look at model files instead :)

Crypton
advanced

Post by Crypton » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:51 pm

Welcome on the deck :)

pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:36 pm

This is a totally new world but it's really interesting. Hope i can learn stuff later on.

The only thing i have done before is memory hacking and i once was able to make a trainer but that is all :)