Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
User avatar
rosalba
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:21 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by rosalba » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:56 am

I want to give this tool a go ever since I saw Mjolnir during the secret ending :o

Unfortunately, whenever I run the Mesh Exporter, it just automatically closes. I wonder what might be causing this? I'm sorry if this seems such a noob thing, as I'm quite new to exporting models from consoles-

Cheers!

Hitmanhimself
beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by Hitmanhimself » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:32 am

rosalba wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:56 am
I want to give this tool a go ever since I saw Mjolnir during the secret ending :o

Unfortunately, whenever I run the Mesh Exporter, it just automatically closes. I wonder what might be causing this? I'm sorry if this seems such a noob thing, as I'm quite new to exporting models from consoles-

Cheers!
Sorry in the latest 1.3 GOW Mesh Exporter rar file, I forgot to write in the readme file, that you need to have dotNet Core 3.1 SDK installed. install dotNET Core 3.1 SDK, then the tool will not close. and download GOW Tools pack 1.1, from which you should use the other 2 tools.

User avatar
rosalba
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:21 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by rosalba » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:42 am

Hitmanhimself wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:32 am
rosalba wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:56 am
I want to give this tool a go ever since I saw Mjolnir during the secret ending :o

Unfortunately, whenever I run the Mesh Exporter, it just automatically closes. I wonder what might be causing this? I'm sorry if this seems such a noob thing, as I'm quite new to exporting models from consoles-

Cheers!
Sorry in the latest 1.3 GOW Mesh Exporter rar file, I forgot to write in the readme file, that you need to have dotNet Core 3.1 SDK installed. install dotNET Core 3.1 SDK, then the tool will not close. and download GOW Tools pack 1.1, from which you should use the other 2 tools.
Ohhh so I really was missing something in my PC-
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :D

Hitmanhimself
beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by Hitmanhimself » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:19 pm

GOW Mesh Exporter v1.4
1. Nothing Special in this update, but i have added a option to change the minimum distance between the 'bone' and the 'object'
required to make rotational and positional adjustments.
2. What the hell is this min distance?, Well Sometimes models have their lods/objects at a wrong position where they should be.
For Example, The Original Athena's Model has her 'lower jaw' and 'both eyes' on the ground between her legs, however it should be in her head right?, jaw where jaw should be and eyes where eyes should be. Also All lods/objects are not displaced, so a flag/boolen or some other condition should be there in the gamefiles to identify which objects are displaced. but i was unable to find them. So i made a condition that, if the distance between position of the 'eye bone' and the 'eye mesh 3d centre' exceeds a 'certain value' the algorithm will apply the roation and transformation to get the mesh at its correct position.
and if you would like to verify where her jaw and eyes would have located originally, just enter a value more than '2'.
3. Allmost all of the characters inside r_ .wad files work fine with a default 'min distance' value of '1', so you have no need to change that min distance value.
4. But in certain senarios, for example in case of Freya's Creature(that big turtle in the game) is so massive, he's like 100meters, in that case if i set a value of '1' meters, the algorithm will falsely change the positions of the objects/lods. In that case you need to change that min distance value to something higher like 20, 25, 30 or 50. so the algorithm re-adjusts only the objects/lods are displaced but not falsely change the positions.
5. The Unit of min distance is in meters.
6. The adjustment of positions will only work in case where "game's original bone" is there with the mesh, not with the "fake bone" that i mentioned in the GOW Mesh Exporter v1.3 Changelog.

I said Last time, that I will work with the .wad files to know the new bones setup for the map files, to get the meshes are their correct position in the 3d software. HOWEVER, I think I will not be able to do so, map .wad files have 100s and 1000s of bone files and they are used differently to load the meshes for a game level (I GUESS). I think the game engine loads the map assets for a particular 'game level' with different bones/whatever I don't know to get them in a certain position. SO I THINK IT'S NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO REVERSE/KNOW HOW TO GET THE MESHES AT THEIR CORRECT POSTIONS.
SO, IF ANYONE INTRESTED IN EXPORTING THE MAP ASSETS FOR Eg, Freya's House or Kratos' House or Whatever, YOU WILL HAVE TO MANUALLY PLACE THE MESHES AT THEIR CORRECT POSITION, YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE THAT HEADACHE. JUST PLAY THE GAME OR WATCH GAMEPLAY OR VIEW SCREENSHOTS TO ADJUST THE MAP MESHES.

parttimegamer15
beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by parttimegamer15 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:09 pm

First of all thanks a lot for making these tools! Awesome work!
In terms of figuring out where the character models are located in the .wad files, is there any pattern? e.g. I can see that the wad files starting with r_ has character models. For the rest of the files. are they like mix of static mesh plus characters specific to some levels?

Thanks!

Hitmanhimself
beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by Hitmanhimself » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:43 am

parttimegamer15 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:09 pm
First of all thanks a lot for making these tools! Awesome work!
In terms of figuring out where the character models are located in the .wad files, is there any pattern? e.g. I can see that the wad files starting with r_ has character models. For the rest of the files. are they like mix of static mesh plus characters specific to some levels?

Thanks!
Most of the characters are.in r_ wad files, rest of wad files for eg. for200house.wad is a map wad file, it will have most of the map meshes and sometimes character aswell, for eg. if you have played the game when was Thor seen in the game?, near kratos's house right, for200house.wad has kratos's house and meshes, nearby meshes and Thor and his hammer aswell.

parttimegamer15
beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by parttimegamer15 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:09 pm

Thanks! makes sense.

parttimegamer15
beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by parttimegamer15 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:09 pm

Thanks! makes sense
Hitmanhimself wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:43 am
parttimegamer15 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:09 pm
First of all thanks a lot for making these tools! Awesome work!
In terms of figuring out where the character models are located in the .wad files, is there any pattern? e.g. I can see that the wad files starting with r_ has character models. For the rest of the files. are they like mix of static mesh plus characters specific to some levels?

Thanks!
Most of the characters are.in r_ wad files, rest of wad files for eg. for200house.wad is a map wad file, it will have most of the map meshes and sometimes character aswell, for eg. if you have played the game when was Thor seen in the game?, near kratos's house right, for200house.wad has kratos's house and meshes, nearby meshes and Thor and his hammer aswell.

parttimegamer15
beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by parttimegamer15 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:34 pm

For character mesh like valkyrie, all the variations of the characters are bundled together in the same file. Has anyone figured out separating out meshes for individual (like Sigrun)? or is it a matter of manually checking and grouping them together? Fo e.g. it is easy to identify the helms for the 9 valkyries but not sure if there is an easy way to group and identify all related meshes for each of them...

Hitmanhimself
beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by Hitmanhimself » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:08 pm

parttimegamer15 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:34 pm
For character mesh like valkyrie, all the variations of the characters are bundled together in the same file. Has anyone figured out separating out meshes for individual (like Sigrun)? or is it a matter of manually checking and grouping them together? Fo e.g. it is easy to identify the helms for the 9 valkyries but not sure if there is an easy way to group and identify all related meshes for each of them...
No dude, when i was reversing the gamefiles i was unable to find some binary data that could represent different skins/parts, maybe it has to do something with game application itself, i can't figure that out

parttimegamer15
beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by parttimegamer15 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:37 pm

No worries. And thanks for replying. It's Ok to do a bit of manual work to get the mesh separated. TBH the Valkyrie file is OK, its only got 9 different character meshes, the trolls or Draugr is a totally different story, so many meshes to separate out. It going to take a while :-)

A bit unrelated but does anyone know if there is any script to import a bunch of ascii files in a folder in one go in Blender? I have seen similar scripts for obj and fbx files. But not able to figure out how to do this for ascii files :-(
Thanks!
Hitmanhimself wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:08 pm
parttimegamer15 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:34 pm
For character mesh like valkyrie, all the variations of the characters are bundled together in the same file. Has anyone figured out separating out meshes for individual (like Sigrun)? or is it a matter of manually checking and grouping them together? Fo e.g. it is easy to identify the helms for the 9 valkyries but not sure if there is an easy way to group and identify all related meshes for each of them...
No dude, when i was reversing the gamefiles i was unable to find some binary data that could represent different skins/parts, maybe it has to do something with game application itself, i can't figure that out

parttimegamer15
beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by parttimegamer15 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:24 pm

Does anyone know the lodpack files corresponding to the wad files starting with:
xpl
nid
msp

YouDontKnowMyName
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:01 pm

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by YouDontKnowMyName » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:07 am

Hi! I was trying to extract the models from this a while ago, but with me being an idiot who has no idea of what he's doing, I couldn't. I've been playing with your tools for a few hours now, but I'm having some issues.

The main thing I'm trying to extract is r_hero00.wad, which I can do successfully. I got it to output as "38 hero00.ascii" and I'm trying to open it in XNALara 11.8. It doesn't seem to recognize the textures (how would I import them to the model?), and it throws about 150-200 errors on import (all saying something like "Mesh part mesh_0_1_0 conflict with a pervious part with the same mesh part name "0" !", with the part names increasing). After import and clicking ok on all the errors, it only shows the body, with no visible legs, and it seems to put all the armor on.
Image
(this is after putting it into the blender script)

It also creates a .mesh file that seems to make the legs visible, but also removes the back of his head.
Image

To be perfectly honest here, I'm trying to export the Kratos (from the start of the game, so without armor) to an obj file complete with textures in order to import it to Source Filmmaker. I tried the ImportMeshAsciiExtended script for blender 2.49b, but on import it also gets rid of his legs, replacing them with a box that has them inside. I tried that because it throws an error after trying to export as obj (index was outside the bounds of the array) and I'm not sure what it means.

What would be the best method of doing what I'm trying to do? Am I making one error somewhere that ruins everything? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

parttimegamer15
beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by parttimegamer15 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:33 am

Most of the character files will extract all the variants with it. I haven't tried Kratos yet but say like Trolls etc it will extract all the different kinds of trolls into a single file. So same for Kratos, all the armour will be extracted into a single file.
Trying to open this directly in XNALara is bound to fail. Have you tried the XNALara import script for say Blender 2.8? Install that open the ascii fil, remove all the unwanted mesh parts, set up the materials/textures (that is going to take a while) and then you can export it out.

Or you can get the Kratos model already ported...Search in DeviantArt.
YouDontKnowMyName wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:07 am
Hi! I was trying to extract the models from this a while ago, but with me being an idiot who has no idea of what he's doing, I couldn't. I've been playing with your tools for a few hours now, but I'm having some issues.

The main thing I'm trying to extract is r_hero00.wad, which I can do successfully. I got it to output as "38 hero00.ascii" and I'm trying to open it in XNALara 11.8. It doesn't seem to recognize the textures (how would I import them to the model?), and it throws about 150-200 errors on import (all saying something like "Mesh part mesh_0_1_0 conflict with a pervious part with the same mesh part name "0" !", with the part names increasing). After import and clicking ok on all the errors, it only shows the body, with no visible legs, and it seems to put all the armor on.

(this is after putting it into the blender script)


To be perfectly honest here, I'm trying to export the Kratos (from the start of the game, so without armor) to an obj file complete with textures in order to import it to Source Filmmaker. I tried the ImportMeshAsciiExtended script for blender 2.49b, but on import it also gets rid of his legs, replacing them with a box that has them inside. I tried that because it throws an error after trying to export as obj (index was outside the bounds of the array) and I'm not sure what it means.

What would be the best method of doing what I'm trying to do? Am I making one error somewhere that ruins everything? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Hitmanhimself
beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by Hitmanhimself » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:37 pm

YouDontKnowMyName wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:07 am
Hi! I was trying to extract the models from this a while ago, but with me being an idiot who has no idea of what he's doing, I couldn't. I've been playing with your tools for a few hours now, but I'm having some issues.

The main thing I'm trying to extract is r_hero00.wad, which I can do successfully. I got it to output as "38 hero00.ascii" and I'm trying to open it in XNALara 11.8. It doesn't seem to recognize the textures (how would I import them to the model?), and it throws about 150-200 errors on import (all saying something like "Mesh part mesh_0_1_0 conflict with a pervious part with the same mesh part name "0" !", with the part names increasing). After import and clicking ok on all the errors, it only shows the body, with no visible legs, and it seems to put all the armor on.
(this is after putting it into the blender script)

It also creates a .mesh file that seems to make the legs visible, but also removes the back of his head.

To be perfectly honest here, I'm trying to export the Kratos (from the start of the game, so without armor) to an obj file complete with textures in order to import it to Source Filmmaker. I tried the ImportMeshAsciiExtended script for blender 2.49b, but on import it also gets rid of his legs, replacing them with a box that has them inside. I tried that because it throws an error after trying to export as obj (index was outside the bounds of the array) and I'm not sure what it means.

What would be the best method of doing what I'm trying to do? Am I making one error somewhere that ruins everything? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Okay lets get this straight, I have made 3 different tools, one is for exporting the models using a .wad file, one is to export all the texture files from the .texpack files, one is to 'find' the textures from the exported textures for a particular model. you will have to download both: "GOW Tools Pack v1.1" and "GOW Mesh Exporter v1.4", use the mesh exporter from "GOW Mesh Exporter v1.4 rar file" and use the texture exporting tools and texture image finder from "GOW Tools Pack v1.1 rar file". you will find the rest of the instructions on how to use the tools.

Now, XNAlara application is trash and it steals the data of users, so no one should be using that application. To open XNAlara .ascii .xps .mesh models files just use blender with addon: XNAlara importer v2.0.2 by johnzero7, its available on github just do a google search.

Now if you just want kratos' model or some more, i have uploaded his model with textures on deviantart and p3dm.ru, my deviant account id is "hitmanhimself", some other guys have uploaded some more models from the game on p3dm.ru you can just download them too if you want, although using the tool is not really hard.

Also just read what i have mentioned in the description and in comments about textures related to kratos' model, just read it, those textures are just like it was in the game. its hard to texture him but you can do it if you 'compositing' skills use what ever software you like, or you also download kratos' model by luxox from deviantart, he did the same thing, he also had to composite the textures to get the results, although he has put the composited textures right in there in the rar file. note, that his model doesn't have bones and weights and neither multiple uv channels and he only has the default kratos' skin not the extra armour.

lastly, the models that you export using my tool will have all the armours within in a single .ascii file, and you will have to try on your own to separate them, because while i was reversing i was not able to find a flag that could identify which meshes are armours and skins etc etc. so you will have to identify them on your own and separate them. same thing for kratos, not its not too hard but its time taking, one advice i can give you is just hide all the meshes in blender and un-hide them one by one then you will be able to identify them pretty easily.

Post Reply