GOW Mesh Exporter v1.3
1. Now the tool support indexing more than one .lodpack file, and you can also select a folder full of .lodpack files. because of this you will be able to export meshes properly, for eg. some of the mesh definition inside "riv480_freyahouse.wad" has their geometric data inside both "020_riverpass_020.lodpack" and "010_forest_010.lodpack", in that case if you select only one of the .lodpack file, a lot of meshes will be broken and will not open in a 3d software, in that case I will advice you to select all the .lodpack files using the folder selection option.
2. Now someone reported a bug, that the meshes exported from "riv925_freyacave.wad" eg. barrier_wall.ascii, wooden_barrier_3hit_02.ascii, vase4_break.ascii etc. were not opening/broken in the 3d software. this problem has been fixed(I hope so).
3. NOW WHEN YOU UNPACK THE .WAD FILE YOU WILL ENTER - 'r' to rename all the duplicates - WHEN IT PROMPTS FOR DUPLICATE FILES.
4. The .wad map files for eg. "riv480_freyahouse.wad" have different mesh definition and different file format. because of that a lot of map meshes were missing if you previously used the tool on a map .wad folder. now you will be able to export all the .map meshes aswell, for eg. from this "riv480_freyahouse.wad" file you will be able to export the .ascii meshes (there are so many smaller meshes, RIP in importing them,
) for freya's house.
5. Now most of .ascii map meshes exported out of the tool will have only one bone(its not he actual bone). these specific map meshes have a different format and right now I don't know now the bones are setup in case of these meshes. because of that these meshes will have a "fake" bone so that they can be imported inside the 3d software.
6. Also since I don't know the bones setup for map meshes, the position of the meshes when imported inside the 3d software will be weird, they will not be at the place where they should be. the reason for that is, bones are responsible for the correct position of these meshes.
7. In case of these map meshes, sometimes the lowerpoly(which is used when viewed from far distance inside the game) stuff will be there aswell, just ignore them. right now i don't know how to identify them that why they are also exported.
8. map meshes should have proper normals and uv's though, just use them the way you like have fun with them.
9. The previously working character meshes inside r_ .wad files should work fine aswell, as they did with the previous versions.
NOTE: I need to understand the file format and structure of the .wad file itself to understand the new bone setup and get bones for the map meshes and have them at their proper position inside the 3d software. I will update the tool when I understand them.