Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Hitmanhimself
beginner
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by Hitmanhimself » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:29 pm

Crazy31139 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:45 am
Hi, cant extract model correct, run GOW Mesh Exporter.exe choose root.lodpack, choose folder r_freya00 ( when i extract r_freya00.wad)
extract to root disk, noesis dont load model, blender cant import
extracted .ascii file (15mb) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/11_aXsi ... sp=sharing
When You are unpacking the .wad file with quickbms make sure, when it prompts you for duplicate files, you enter 's' to skip all

gep55
advanced
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by gep55 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Hitmanhimself wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:29 pm
Crazy31139 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:45 am
Hi, cant extract model correct, run GOW Mesh Exporter.exe choose root.lodpack, choose folder r_freya00 ( when i extract r_freya00.wad)
extract to root disk, noesis dont load model, blender cant import
extracted .ascii file (15mb) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/11_aXsi ... sp=sharing
When You are unpacking the .wad file with quickbms make sure, when it prompts you for duplicate files, you enter 's' to skip all
Just wondering, in the main GOW folder next to the .wad files, what do the .as files do?

Hitmanhimself
beginner
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by Hitmanhimself » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:07 pm

gep55 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:48 pm
Just wondering, in the main GOW folder next to the .wad files, what do the .as files do?
those .as file are probably for the animations, and you don't need them for the usage of any of these 3 tools

gep55
advanced
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by gep55 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:33 pm

Hitmanhimself wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:07 pm
gep55 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:48 pm
Just wondering, in the main GOW folder next to the .wad files, what do the .as files do?
those .as file are probably for the animations, and you don't need them for the usage of any of these 3 tools
Cool :)

By the way, the extracted Freya model seems to have some broken UVs. The UV was half its needed size, so I had to scale it up. Also, some of the Hair UVs seem broken.

Hitmanhimself
beginner
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by Hitmanhimself » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:38 pm

gep55 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:33 pm
By the way, the extracted Freya model seems to have some broken UVs. The UV was half its needed size, so I had to scale it up. Also, some of the Hair UVs seem broken.
They are not broken, they are just scaled wrongly, you can scale/descale them, its not a big of a deal. and some of the hair uv's your thinking, they are broken, they are wrongly scaled aswell, and in case of freya since I have rendered her. she has 3 hair textures, 3rd one is thor_hair something.., all 3 hair textures are used, use them accordingly by looking at the uv's and scaling/de-scaling them.

gep55
advanced
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by gep55 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:47 pm

Thanks :)

One more question. How did you do the amulet in your preview render? I can't find any diffuse texture for it.

Hitmanhimself
beginner
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by Hitmanhimself » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:50 pm

I have updated the tool to v1.1, you can see changes inside the changelog.txt and readme has been updated for that. I haven't dealt right now with the crashing of mesh exporter with those 10 r_ .wad files that I tested yesterday. It will take quite some time to deal with them, cause its a little bit complicated, so.......just extract the rest. and @mono24 mentioned about local rotations, I don't have a lot of idea right now about that so it will take some time to deal with that aswell

Hitmanhimself
beginner
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by Hitmanhimself » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:57 pm

gep55 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:47 pm
Thanks :)

One more question. How did you do the amulet in your preview render? I can't find any diffuse texture for it.
after using the image finder tool on her, it will find around 153 .gnf images and copy them. if you have less than that, it means you haven't extracted all the .texpack files. and I have rendered her using only those 153 images, didn't use even a single one extra. and not worry a lot about the names of the textures, for explanation you may find the image of bracelet in lower.gnf, upper.gnf or whatever. so don't worry a lot about the names of the textures

gep55
advanced
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by gep55 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:59 pm

Ok, I looked at the lower right eyelash and that UV is definitely broken. The scale is fine, but parts of the UV itself are missing.

Edit - Nope, was a problem on my end. For anyone else importing the .ascii files into blender, make sure you untick 'Merge Doubles by Normal'.

gep55
advanced
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by gep55 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:03 pm

I tried to convert this Freya texture to .png using noesis, but it causes noesis to crash. All the other Freya texture converted absolutely fine.

TX_freya00_warrior_chainmailtile_gl_5F9244FFAC97EE30

Hitmanhimself
beginner
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by Hitmanhimself » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:07 pm

gep55 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:03 pm
I tried to convert this Freya texture to .png using noesis, but it causes noesis to crash. All the other Freya texture converted absolutely fine.

TX_freya00_warrior_chainmailtile_gl_5F9244FFAC97EE30
Read the frist post properly again, and 3 to 4 more tex will crash

gep55
advanced
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by gep55 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:20 pm

To anyone who is wondering, all the 'broken' UV's are just half their intended size and a bit misaligned.

Just scale them by a factor of 2 and then see which image matches their 'shape' the best.

gep55
advanced
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by gep55 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:51 pm

Which texture are you using for the eyebrows?

Hitmanhimself
beginner
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by Hitmanhimself » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:13 pm

gep55 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:51 pm
Which texture are you using for the eyebrows?
I used this one TX_boulderv2_card_normal_B3F3A564A9A35D34, for the normals and alpha channel, I didn't find and diffuse/colour image so I just chose a colour from blender itself

gep55
advanced
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: God of War 2018 PS4 Tools

Post by gep55 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:51 pm

Hitmanhimself wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:13 pm
gep55 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:51 pm
Which texture are you using for the eyebrows?
I used this one TX_boulderv2_card_normal_B3F3A564A9A35D34, for the normals and alpha channel, I didn't find and diffuse/colour image so I just chose a colour from blender itself
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.

Post Reply