Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Blood Bowl - Chaos Edition

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Gooch818
ultra-n00b

Blood Bowl - Chaos Edition

Post by Gooch818 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:26 am

Hey all!

I am having some issues getting .nif files from Blood Bowl into .obj format. I can get the file, but its all in standard poses, t pose basically. I am able to export the entire model, or a single mesh at a time. My ultimate goal is to get a model into a pose using the .kf associated file, into an object file.

I'm using NifSkope right now, and man if it only had a .stl export function, lol. My initial attempt was to use blender, with the nif plug in. As I am coming to learn, that plug in only works with specific games. Blood Bowl not being one of them, it is supplying an error when I attempt to import the nif.

Any suggestions?

qs12
advanced

Re: Blood Bowl - Chaos Edition

Post by qs12 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:29 am

Gooch818 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:26 am
Hey all!

I am having some issues getting .nif files from Blood Bowl into .obj format. I can get the file, but its all in standard poses, t pose basically. I am able to export the entire model, or a single mesh at a time. My ultimate goal is to get a model into a pose using the .kf associated file, into an object file.

I'm using NifSkope right now, and man if it only had a .stl export function, lol. My initial attempt was to use blender, with the nif plug in. As I am coming to learn, that plug in only works with specific games. Blood Bowl not being one of them, it is supplying an error when I attempt to import the nif.

Any suggestions?
Use the built in Noesis plugin.

Gooch818
ultra-n00b

Post by Gooch818 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:20 am

qs12 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:29 am

I haven't heard of that program, thanks! I am getting ready to hit the sack, but plan on trying that first thing in the morning.

I did finally have luck using Blender today and got the output I was looking for in .stl format....but man is it a process. Here's to hoping Noesis expedites some of it!

qs12
advanced

Post by qs12 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:57 am

Gooch818 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:20 am
qs12 wrote:

I haven't heard of that program, thanks! I am getting ready to hit the sack, but plan on trying that first thing in the morning.

I did finally have luck using Blender today and got the output I was looking for in .stl format....but man is it a process. Here's to hoping Noesis expedites some of it!
https://richwhitehouse.com/index.php?co ... ojects.php

Gooch818
ultra-n00b

Post by Gooch818 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:29 pm

qs12 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:57 am
Gooch818 wrote:
qs12 wrote:

Ok, so I've taken a look and Noesis will not load the .nif file BUT it will export it if I want. Same for the .kf file. But I can tell I will be using this software with other titles going forward. Thank you again for the tip!

It's interesting, when exporting the .nif to say a .obj or .stl it adds meshes that are invisible when viewed in nifskope. For example, a model may have multiple pieces of armor that change depending on the upgrades that character gets in game. With the export it just throws ALL of them on the model at once. BUT I am able to get the models initial pose with the export, not just the static T pose. So that is a start. I know in nifskope I am able to delete meshes, so it sounds like a little bit of work to get only the meshes I want then export.

asherxo
ultra-n00b

Post by asherxo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:22 pm

Gooch818 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:29 pm
qs12 wrote:
Gooch818 wrote:

Ok, so I've taken a look and Noesis will not load the .nif file BUT it will export it if I want. Same for the .kf file. But I can tell I will be using this software with other titles going forward. Thank you again for the tip!

It's interesting, when exporting the .nif to say a .obj or .stl it adds meshes that are invisible when viewed in nifskope. For example, a model may have multiple pieces of armor that change depending on the upgrades that character gets in game. With the export it just throws ALL of them on the model at once. BUT I am able to get the models initial pose with the export, not just the static T pose. So that is a start. I know in nifskope I am able to delete meshes, so it sounds like a little bit of work to get only the meshes I want then export.
Its OK woodforest bank on my side. Thanks anyways.
Last edited by asherxo on Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gitarristxh
ultra-n00b

Post by gitarristxh » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:33 am

Gooch818 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:29 pm
qs12 wrote:
Gooch818 wrote:

Thank you for posting something like this